Tell you what I want, what I really really want

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
It's been done already. I think it was discussed in another forum years and years ago.
It was a rear light that projected a laser line onto the road so and so far from the bike to give drivers an idea of a safe passing distance. If I remember correctly, the red beam was about a metre long and about 1 metre out from the bike.
It never took off. Forum members felt motorists wouldn't respect it. I guess the general public felt the same. I've never seen one in the flesh so to speak.

OP
OP
G3CWI

G3CWI

Veteran
It's been done already. I think it was discussed in another forum years and years ago.
It was a rear light that projected a laser line onto the road so and so far from the bike to give drivers an idea of a safe passing distance. If I remember correctly, the red beam was about a metre long and about 1 metre out from the bike.
It never took off. Forum members felt motorists wouldn't respect it. I guess the general public felt the same. I've never seen one in the flesh so to speak.
Not really the same concept. That idea was not designed to be very accurate and was to deter close passes. My suggestion is a system to add to evidence to increase the chance of securing prosecutions when combined with video evidence.

i had the type mentioned above... the lines on the road.. to be honest i think it worked a bit... drivers did tend to give a bit more room. the problem was the build quality was pee poor i think an upside down sieve wouldve kept more water out, even a bit of rain broke it... if someone like lezyne had maid a top quality 100 percent waterproof one it might of took off.. i bought mine for a few quid of amazon.

on another note couldnt a powerful laser pointer or tape measure be angled to put a bright spot 1.5 metres out. as some said previously.... like the Dambusters

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
1605268403774.png
From the web

Top Bottom