Telling people politely to go away...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Hover Fly, 22 Feb 2008.

1. sheddy

sheddy Guru

Tell them that the cops have just found some bodies under the floorboards.
    And that you won't be around to entertain any visitors.....

2. simonali

simonali Guru

Find out the address of the house in the article and send the scroungers there!

3. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

The art of saying no is something everybody needs to learn.

If you haven't learned it yet, you can always tell them you will appreciate their help with the decorating, garden clearing and rebuilding - you'll be amazed at how many lose interest.

Interestingly we have good friends who live in Lockerbie, conveniently on the road to Scotland. However they are so fed up with people just using them as a coffee stop that they have now told everybody that they're only welcome if they are actually coming to stay for a weekend for the sake of friendship. Can't say I blame them!

4. OP
    OP
    Hover Fly

Hover Fly Lover of the bunny

You've met my future in-laws?:sad:

5. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

same here :biggrin: especially the first part ;)

6. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

make that three of us. i do internal desktop support yet people always ask me to sort out their home wireless about which i know almost **** all. in fact not quite **** all. in fact **** all. :biggrin:

7. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Ah Hoover Flee my oldest bestest forum buddy, I'm glad to hear things are going well for you, I always knew you'd go far.

I know life can sometimes become lonely, Hoover Flee, and riches can be a burden. Seeing as you and me have always had a real rapport on the forum I can only say that anytime you feel in need of company I shall put myself out in my usual selfless manner.

8. OP
    OP
    Hover Fly

Hover Fly Lover of the bunny

All reet Noodles, me owd marra, can you hire a van, load it up with my machine tools (couple of small lathes and mills) and drive it down for me, I'll make sure there's a brew on in the servants' kitchen when you get there. Everyone else gets a back ache when I ask.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice