Tells us what cycling is coming up on TV....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
...or on the radio or live streams.

If you come across any programmes that are scheduled for broadcast, post the details up here and I will enter them in this Calendar so that you'll never have to miss another programme. I've only entered a few things (because that's all I've found) so far but there's doubtless a fair few that I don't know about.

I've put this thread in Pro Cycling and Racing on Shaun's suggestion that most televised cycling will involve professional cyclists. It's not meant to exclude other disciplines such as track cycling and cyclocross or more general cycling interests, it's just that it has to go somewhere.

I've also added a link to my signature and anyone can do the same if they wish to spread it about a bit. I can share permissions if anybody wishes to be able add events to the calendar for themselves.

Oh, and if you look in the calendar, you'll see that ITV4 are showing a resumé of the TdF tonight!

Nice one. A serious lack of cycling on tv just now. Sky should seriously think about a HD cycling 24/7 channel. :whistle:

Tour down under starts pretty soon but don't have the dates to hand. Eurosport likely cover it.

Rob500

Great post deptfordmarmoset. Clock set for tonight. ITV4 @8pm. British Eurosport @9pm.
Thanks for the headsup.

OP
OP
deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Nice one. A serious lack of cycling on tv just now. Sky should seriously think about a HD cycling 24/7 channel. :whistle:

Tour down under starts pretty soon but don't have the dates to hand. Eurosport likely cover it.
Pleasure. I'll put the Tour Down Under details as soon as they they are listed on athleticsontv or someone posts the details here, whichever is first.

normgow

Guru
For Cyclo Cross fans on Saturday 22nd Dec.tune to
http://www.sports-livez.com/
you can watch the bpost Trophy cross from Essen (Belgium not Germany) and on Sunday the same website is showing the world cup from Namur. Transmission starts both days at 14:45 CET (Central European Time) one hour adrift from UK and both races start at 15:00

OP
OP
deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
For Cyclo Cross fans on Saturday 22nd Dec.tune to
http://www.sports-livez.com/
you can watch the bpost Trophy cross from Essen (Belgium not Germany) and on Sunday the same website is showing the world cup from Namur. Transmission starts both days at 14:45 CET (Central European Time) one hour adrift from UK and both races start at 15:00
I've put the links for Saturday into the calendar but the Sunday links weren't up when I looked yesterday.

jtsonphone

yeah.think so,I've put the links for Saturday into the calendar but the Sunday links weren't up when I looked yesterday.
1.gif

normgow

Guru
livez-sports are showing the World Cup race from Zolder-Heusden on Boxing Day from 14:45 CET.
Yesterday 23rd Dec there was some kind of technical glitch from Namur but I managed to watch the last three quarters of the race. Saturday 22nd Dec from Essen was good reception.
I wish everyone good cross viewing for the rest of the season.

OP
OP
deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
livez-sports are showing the World Cup race from Zolder-Heusden on Boxing Day from 14:45 CET.
Yesterday 23rd Dec there was some kind of technical glitch from Namur but I managed to watch the last three quarters of the race. Saturday 22nd Dec from Essen was good reception.
I wish everyone good cross viewing for the rest of the season.
Yes, I couldn't get the links to work yesterday but, as you say, reception was fine for Saturday. (New to cyclocross, I thought that the winner would be disqualified for baulking Peeters at the line.)

normgow

Guru
Yes he (Stybar) was disqualified or strictly speaking relegated to fourth position and Jan Denuwelaere, who slid across the line on his rear end awarded first place but only after a photo showed him fractionally in front of Rob Peeters and Niels Albert.
A good website for race results and cycling news in general is http://www.cyclingnews.com/
Also the calendar for future events, 'cross, road and track is shown here.

Top Bottom