Temperature intolerance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
I have become very intolerant to cold over the last couple of years but this seems to now be getting more extreme.

To give you an idea, the office I'm working in is 20 degrees and whilst not tropical is a decent temperature. My colleagues are 50/50 split between just wearing a shirt of whether they have a fleece on. However I'm currently sat here in a fleece, with my jacket on and having to wrap my legs in another jacket as it feels like they are have ice packs attached to them. My jeans feel warm to touch but that's not what signal is getting to my brain. As you can imagine people are taking the p*ss out of me as if I'm making this up.

I can lay in a hot bath for 20 minutes and feel cold in my core, goosebumps and all over body shivers. Laying in bed and my skin is warm/hot to the touch but i'm still feeling cold. Feet and hands are bloody freezing. You get the idea

I'm cold all the time and there are only so many layers I can put on.

Other oddities are like when I ran my hands under the cold tap last week it felt like someone was pouring boiling water on them.

I know the advice is going to be check with your doctor but I've fallen out with him

Anyone else suffer with this or have any ideas?

PK99

Legendary Member

vickster

Legendary Member
I have become very intolerant to cold over the last couple of years but this seems to now be getting more extreme.

To give you an idea, the office I'm working in is 20 degrees and whilst not tropical is a decent temperature. My colleagues are 50/50 split between just wearing a shirt of whether they have a fleece on. However I'm currently sat here in a fleece, with my jacket on and having to wrap my legs in another jacket as it feels like they are have ice packs attached to them. My jeans feel warm to touch but that's not what signal is getting to my brain. As you can imagine people are taking the p*ss out of me as if I'm making this up.

I can lay in a hot bath for 20 minutes and feel cold in my core, goosebumps and all over body shivers. Laying in bed and my skin is warm/hot to the touch but i'm still feeling cold. Feet and hands are bloody freezing. You get the idea

I'm cold all the time and there are only so many layers I can put on.

Other oddities are like when I ran my hands under the cold tap last week it felt like someone was pouring boiling water on them.

I know the advice is going to be check with your doctor but I've fallen out with him

Anyone else suffer with this or have any ideas?

See a different doctor If you can, get some blood tests done. Even go private if you can’t see someone else on NHS?

OP
OP
Jody

Jody

Stubborn git

All a possibility :sad:

My Uncle had anemia for a while and had to take iron tablets. His diet was a limited as mine so it's a possibility

My Mum had thyroid issues which needed a radioactive tablet to sort out and has also recently developed type 2 diabetes. Don't know how as her diet was always impeccable with no sugary drinks, alcohol or junk food. I've checked my blood sugars a few times recently and it's where it needs to be.

OP
OP
Jody

Jody

Stubborn git
See a different doctor If you can, get some blood tests done. Even go private if you can’t see someone else on NHS?

It's a nightmare at our doctors. 12,000 people and two doctors both working part time at 3 days a week

Looking like I'll have to try and get an appointment.

OP
OP
Jody

Jody

Stubborn git
Who's going to have the last laugh if you don't go?

unless its practice with only one doctor, just as to see one of the others

I know. There is one issue i've put off for over 6 years now.

It’ll end up being “put another jumper on if your cold” or “everyone feels cold sometimes” :sad:

vickster

Legendary Member
All a possibility :sad:

My Uncle had anemia for a while and had to take iron tablets. His diet was a limited as mine so it's a possibility

My Mum had thyroid issues which needed a radioactive tablet to sort out and has also recently developed type 2 diabetes. Don't know how as her diet was always impeccable with no sugary drinks, alcohol or junk food. I've checked my blood sugars a few times recently and it's where it needs to be.

Why is your diet limited?
take some iron, see if it helps?
get the blood tests privately if you’d prefer

OP
OP
Jody

Jody

Stubborn git
Why is your diet limited?
take some iron, see if it helps?
get the blood tests privately if you’d prefer

It's an eating disorder :sad: I've had issues with food since I was a toddler.

Another thing on my list to get sorted.

I think my partner has some Iron sachets left from when she was preggers so worth a try.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
welcome to my world ;(
I can be sweating , good gloves on and my hands can still be white .On sunday it was 10 c and even though i was hot and i had some winter gloves on my fingers had gone white and the only way to get blood going again was to put them under the hot tap where i have to move the water about as you see areas of colour returning but you need to do each bit as the colour doesnt return unless i do

classic33

Leg End Member
I know. There is one issue i've put off for over 6 years now.

It’ll end up being “put another jumper on if your cold” or “everyone feels cold sometimes” :sad:
How are you when the temperature goes the other way?
Going by same "rules" as in your first post.

OP
OP
Jody

Jody

Stubborn git
Bought some Feroglobin @vickster. Wish me luck as it smells like the vitamin tablets forced on me when i was young. Not sure I'm going to be able to take it without being sick

welcome to my world ;(
I can be sweating , good gloves on and my hands can still be white .On sunday it was 10 c and even though i was hot and i had some winter gloves on my fingers had gone white and the only way to get blood going again was to put them under the hot tap where i have to move the water about as you see areas of colour returning but you need to do each bit as the colour doesnt return unless i do

Not nice. Is that Reynauds? Its strange when you're so hot riding and your hands/feet are hurting as they are that cold. It's awful

Top Bottom