Temperatures on the up.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
With the weather getting warmer at last, it is time to ditch all the winter gear and go out riding more often. I certainly intend to: short rides of 10 to 15 miles during the week, after school, maybe twice a week, and longer rides up to 40 -50 miles at weekends. That is the plan anyway. I also started doing squats every night , as seen on You Tube, to improve your thigh muscles.

vickster

Legendary Member
With the weather getting warmer at last, it is time to ditch all the winter gear and go out riding more often. I certainly intend to: short rides of 10 to 15 miles during the week, after school, maybe twice a week, and longer rides up to 40 -50 miles at weekends. That is the plan anyway. I also started doing squats every night , as seen on You Tube, to improve your thigh muscles.
Just keep an eye on your form so you don’t knacker your knees

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Was out in shorts and jersey, no gloves this evening. Twas lovely.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I think I was being a bit optimistic with the 40 to 50 miles at weekends, a more realistic figure would be 30 to 40. Approaching 68 years of age fast, it may be more sensible.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think I was being a bit optimistic with the 40 to 50 miles at weekends, a more realistic figure would be 30 to 40. Approaching 68 years of age fast, it may be more sensible.

No reason you can't do 40-50 miles at 68.
I've just heard from a pal that someone we know is considering giving up racing because he is taking a long time to get back to full racing fitness after an injury ...

He is 80 years old! :okay:

Dave7

Legendary Member
No reason you can't do 40-50 miles at 68.
Well that depends. Everyone is different and (aged 71) I have noticed quite a decline over the last couple of years. A 50 miler is quite an achievement for me now.
I know some 70 year olds are fortunate to knock out 70-100 miles while others struggle with 20.

Top Bottom