Temple Light Tourer build project, winter 2023.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think some lovely silver mudguards would finish that bike off.

OP
OP
All uphill

All uphill

Still rolling along
I've ridden this bike enough now to give a mini review for anyone interested.

My other bikes are a flat bar steel 1990's Marin, which weighs around 14kg, and a drop bar Spa, which weighs the same when ready to go.

I built the Temple to be a lighter bike for shorter rides and maybe days out.

The first thing to report is the attention it gets. Comments on every ride so far. I really didn't expect that a dark green bike would be noticed.

The bike has quite racy geometry, quick steering and low at the front. My back is gradually adapting to this, so I will persist. The geometry makes it a more exciting bike to ride, but I'd be tired after 40 miles - I'm used to long wheelbase and slower steering.

The bar end shifters work well and I notice that I change gear less frequently than I do with STIs. This makes for a relaxed ride in contrast to the sporty feel of the rest of the bike.

The Tektro brakes are now excellent after fitting good quality cables.

It's still not a light bike at 11kg, but the difference from my other bikes is noticeable.

The whole bike cost me just under £600. I'm happy with that, but I would not pay full new price for one of these.

This is a bike I will use regularly on dry days, so I'm happy. I may convert it to 2x9 and fit STIs but for now I'm just going to get out and ride it.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
The bar end shifters work well and I notice that I change gear less frequently than I do with STIs. This makes for a relaxed ride in contrast to the sporty feel of the rest of the bike.

I find exactly the same when I am riding with sti's that I change gear a lot more than when using bare d or down tube shifters

Top Bottom