Temporary wi-fi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As you know, I'm a bit of a nob where modern technology is concerned. We are spending a few days in a cottage and would like access to wi-fi whilst we are there . Can you wunderkids advise me of the most cost effective way of doing this?

Thank you.

Are you renting a cottage? If so, they may well have wifi. Basically the owner of the internet connection will have to give you the wifi password. If they don't or there's no wifi available then you can't. You can sort of fudge it if you have a good 3g or 4g signal and turn your phone into a wifi hotspot for others to use,

dodgy

First question we (well, me really) is ask if the cottage has wifi, if it doesn't, we find somewhere else.

OP
OP
HertzvanRental

HertzvanRental

Veteran
We are using a cottage that belongs to a friend. I don't think that there is a wi-fi connection there. I was wondering whether, these days, there was something you plugged into a socket, or somesuch. It is not the end of the world if we can't !

Thank you.

We are using a cottage that belongs to a friend. I don't think that there is a wi-fi connection there. I was wondering whether, these days, there was something you plugged into a socket, or somesuch. It is not the end of the world if we can't !

Thank you.
No. They need to have broadband. If they have it they could give it to you. Your best bet is your mobile data which might be fast enough. You can potentially share it with other devices.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Not really a solution for a "one off", but, if you regularly require mobile WiFi, other than @Markymark 's suggestion above, you could get yourself a MiFi Dongle (preferably unlocked) and a Data SIM. I use a Huawei MiFi, and a 3 prepaid SIM (lasts for 12 months, or, until you use the Data, whichever comes first). I use that in UK, France, Spain, Germany, Portugal, Luxembourg, when travelling in our Motorhome. You can connect eight devices simultaneously.

OP
OP
HertzvanRental

HertzvanRental

Veteran
Thank you all. I shall take more books !

Top Bottom