Tempted by a TT bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Surely it is only you that gives a toss what you spend your money on...

ayceejay

Guru
In business it is a sound practice to expand your premises or equipment to cope with the expansion of business coming your way. The mistake is in buying stuff in the hope that it will generate the business that will pay for it.
Say, you have a truck for hauling sand and you reach a point where your 5tonner can't cope with the demand, there are armies of people out there that will sell you the truck you NEED before breakfast. If you can'i make the payments they all retreat at the sound of your voice.
I think it is the same here with Jason and a TT bike. The difference in the times between a specialized TTer and good road bike over 10 miles will be measured in seconds which will not move your race position from 47th to 1st bot but could move you from 12th to 11th.

And in terms of The Pose - a newcomer on a Venge will provoke a certain amount of derision so beware.

Robeh

Whilst TT bikes can be great fun to ride, they are neither comfortable nor practical bikes. They are designed for a specific purpose, and unless you plan on entering TT's then it will only sit in your garage doing nowt. I'd take a real hard look at what you want to get out of it, and could you use the cash elsewhere?
This badboy is fun and comfortable for a TT and was fun to build.
ridley 5.jpg

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
This badboy is fun and comfortable for a TT and was fun to build. View attachment 48462

I'm sure it is, but it's not a TT bike is it? It's a road bike. True TT bikes have a different geometry where the riders is rotated forwards and their hips up, meaning the seat is usually more over the BB with a much lower head tube and extension bars for a stretched position. They are usually comfortable for shorter distances (unless at max effort during a TT where it's anything but comfortable), but you really wouldn't want to ride a long way on one. Triathlon bikes are somewhere between a road bike and a full on TT rig, as they typically are ridden for longer distances. Putting aerobars on a road bike can't fully match a full-on TT bike for position, they are designed for two different purposes.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
IMAG0074_1.jpg

Thats a TT rig

IMAG0045.jpg

Thats a TT rig with deeper rims

Top Bottom