Tempted by a TT bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
I owned one or in fact a few, but did not always use them just for racing. You can own a tourer but not every ride need be a round the world trip.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JasonHolder

JasonHolder

on youtube. learning to be a gent
Actually, once you're used to the position, I find a TT bike to be quite comfortable and would be more than happy to ride it over longer distances, and you always have the option of using the outer bars for a change of posture!

But you haven't told us why you want it Jason. If you're not intending to compete in TT's then why would you? :whistle:
Indeed I am contemplating TTs.
Might swerve combe this week coming and do a 10 instead on the road bike with a local club.

Sharky

Guru
Get a skinsuit and a pointy helmet and some tri bars first. You will pick up far more time doing that than the tt bike for a fraction of the cost. If you still are keen having done that then get the tt bike. There is something quite satisfying catching your minute man on his tt bike if you are on a road bike. :whistle:

I get a similar satisfaction when I catch somebody on a gears bike when I am on my fixed. Mind you it's not very often.

Cheers Keith

Sharky

Guru
You should get a TT bike - only decision is when.
Whatever your first time is, you will get quicker after a few events as you learn the skills of time trialling and getting the most out of oneself. If you get the TT bike too soon, it will mask where the improvements are coming from. Might be better to stabilise your times and when you reach a plateau, you will know what your next target is and if it's the right time to invest.
A club mate and new to racing, but very fit, started with his normal road bike and did a 24. Now with clip-ons and pointy helmet down to a 22 and still hasn't made the decision to get a dedicated TT bike. He is considering a wheel upgrade first.

Whatever - you'll enjoy TT'ing - it is only the early morning starts that get you in the end.

Cheers Keith

KneesUp

Guru
My neighbours on one side own a puppy. It's enthusiastic about everything - it's always yapping at something and charging up and down the garden, and when they take it for a walk it won't go on the lead - it's always pulling to get away. It chases everything, chews everything and never shuts up. It's an annoying dog.

On the other side there is an older dog that is just grumpy. I'm sure it's friendly with the neighbours; they seem to like it, but it's just a grumpy, bad-tempered dog. You walk past the garden, it growls. You come out of the front door, it barks. You get in your car it snarls. It is also an annoying dog.

You can imagine that the two dogs don't get on, but I'm at a loss as to why they keep trying to annoy each other.

I don't know why I mention it on this thread though.

Berties

Fast and careful!
It's like the old question how many bikes do you need?
A winter bike,a distance bike ,a mountain bike,a race bike a tt bike bike ,it's always your choice,if you have the Money get down the bike shop and have a chat,sit on a few,my aero bike ticks a few more boxes for me tt or race/fast riding,set up well ,flatter saddle ,aggressive geometry ,concealed brakes,just something to consider if you have the new bike itch

Top Bottom