Ten Mile Time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you can try a five mile out and back circuit - if I haven't got much time, I have a hilly 10 out and back that I usually do in 32 minutes. Your time won't put you out of the back of a club run at all - most club runs don't average 20 mph (unless it's a training run) and it's easier in a group.

Racing is a different matter -it's a mental thing, once you are reasonably fit. I could do 25 miles in less than an hour (when I raced) but try doing an average of 20 mph on a training run - that was really hard.

Good time that - you'll find you go faster if you do a 5 mile out and back course/circuit, rather than cover the two miles 5 times - get's a bit boring.

I can't do mine yet! Living in the city there are too many peds and RLs to contend with, plus I've just discovered I've got a busted spoke which has resulted in a slightly buckled wheel.
So I'll (try and) fix it and head out into the country for some undisturbed TT! ;)

Tetedelacourse

I'm up for that albeit a bit late for this weekend. Got a puncture whilst putting the bike in the garage last week, only got fixed tonight. That was after me recommending GP4000s to someone too.

hambones

I joined a club this spring and managed to take part in 5 of their Time Trials. I've really enjoyed each and every one of them, even when the wind was howling and rain lashing! It's true what people post about how taking part motivates you and drives you on to greater efforts than you'd muster alone. I've gone from 29.48 to 26.08 over the 5 rides and have closed the gap (a little) on some of the 70 year old club members :biggrin: Interestingly after the last ride I discovered that at 15 stone I am the heaviest club rider by 2 1/2 stone on one other and over 4 on all the rest!! This does not bode well for the Club Hill Climb this Wednesday!! ;):biggrin:

Now if I can improve my riding position (someone said I resemble a barge trying to punch through the air I sit up so high!!) who knows what time I can do next season?

gbyers

I'm up for the posting times (and/or selecting the best of my many world class excuses depending on how it goes).

A part of my evening route takes in a local cycle club TT route (Featherstone I think). I always get a lot of encouragement but as I'm not in the club and my route is actually part of my 27 mile evening run (not their 10 mile TT) it's a bit irrelevant. :biggrin:

My biggest setback is when I changed computer. My old Topeak told me that my run was 27.6 miles and so average speeds were maxing out in the mid 19's. Now (with exact same wheel circumference) the repalcement Cateye says 27.0 and my avg speeds have dropped accordingly. :biggrin: Hacked off big time.;)

So, I'll do it by Saturday, but it will be part of my longer course. (starts excuse mode)

gbyers

I was going to post a time at weekend but forgot I was giving blood this evening so don't fancy going for a maximum effort on Saturday.

So, tried out a 10 during my route this morning (30 miles). Warmed up for 2 miles then did 28:13 for 10 miles. Finished 30 miles at average of 17.7 so the 10 miles wore me out.

BTW tetedelacourse; your sig, it refers to Enrico Annoni ('rico, 'rico)?

jay clock

Massive member
Having never beaten 30 mins on my own, I have now done 2 10 milers and achieved 28:35 and 28:13 (different courses). Aero bars helps, as does being in a race

Top Bottom