Tens Machine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Any recommendations as to model - features to look for etc....

I know these have a low success rate - but my spinal doctor has suggested I try one, whilst he tries to get funding cleared for other stuff - I am keen to keep him on board - so any recommendations - seem to to start at about £20 ?

vickster

Legendary Member
Any recommendations as to model - features to look for etc....

I know these have a low success rate - but my spinal doctor has suggested I try one, whilst he tries to get funding cleared for other stuff - I am keen to keep him on board - so any recommendations - seem to to start at about £20 ?
A friend of mind has one. Her pain management nurse recommended and instructed as to how to use.
I’ll ask her

tom73

Guru
Can't help with which one but don't write off the idea they are not as hit or miss as many think.
Have you been referred to pain clinic ? If not ask them to they can help you work out a few way to manage pain
Good luck

Last edited:
OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
Can't help with which one but don't write off the idea they are not as hit or miss as many think.
Have you been referred to pain clinic ? If not ask them to they can help you work out a few way to manage pain
Good luck

Referral to pain clinic was discussed and is in progress - but he said whilst waiting it might be in idea to try a tens machine.

tom73

Guru
Great stuff I know it don't help but pain is quite a complex thing and no real silver bullet and may take a few go's to get things right.
so pain clinic is best place they really should help you out.
Give tens a go you never know it may well help.

vickster

Legendary Member
Be careful I wore one for 18 hours straight had great pain relief, but when I took it off I had to massive burn marks were the electrodes had been on my skin, afterwards that was worse than the back pain.
This is why expert advice is crucial!

My friend finds it useful but (time) restricting, especially alongside all the other pain management modalities she needs

vickster

Legendary Member
From friend...
I’ve got an Easy TENS from Body clock. It’s worth getting an extra set of electrodes to be on hand if the ones in use lose stickiness. They can be revived but extra set means you can use machine while rehydrating them. She says 30 mins offers pain relief

Apparently, they also offer an e book on how to use TENS

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
From friend...
I’ve got an Easy TENS from Body clock. It’s worth getting an extra set of electrodes to be on hand if the ones in use lose stickiness. They can be revived but extra set means you can use machine while rehydrating them. She says 30 mins offers pain relief

Apparently, they also offer an e book on how to use TENS

Cheers Vickster

YellowV2

Veteran
I have a Boots Tens machine, doesn't have a model number or any other description but is manufactured by Beurer. Had it a few years and haven't used it an awful lot but it does give relief when I do use it.
Important to follow the instructions regarding length of time to use it for though!!

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
I am actually finding the TENS machine surprisingly useful.

I was thinking it was just to distract from the pain - But with the stickies I am able to precisely target the pain - seems to either relax muscle - or maybe increase blood flow and promote a bit of healing.

Top Bottom