Tent, Caravan or Hotel?

• Tent

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • Caravan

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Hotel

Votes: 17 37.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Camping is wonderful methinks. Static caravan would be OK (no way would I ever tow one) and I don't mind the occasional B&B or hotel. Youth Hostels were a big hit with me some many years ago. Mrs 26x25 is partial to camping as are daughters #1 and #2. So no worries when it comes to some holidays.

Bigsharn

Veteran
Personally I'd sooner stay in an out-of-the-way B&B than caravanning or camping, but that's just me.

It's slightly easier to carry a week's B&B money (£200ish) than carry camping equipment that'll cost you the equivalent :tongue:

subaqua

What’s the point
Personally I'd sooner stay in an out-of-the-way B&B than caravanning or camping, but that's just me.

It's slightly easier to carry a week's B&B money (£200ish) than carry camping equipment that'll cost you the equivalent :tongue:

never heard of the lightweight camping association then. :biggrin:

although its easy to carry a credit card i suppose

Main Holidays Caravan ( two separate weeks) We used to always or nearly always rent a caravan for holidays when I was a kid so now I feel it's not a holiday unless it's in a caravan. Camping for weekends/ long weekends probably 5 to 10 times a year never on an organized site where you are allocated a camping area ( kids love this) and a B&B a couple of times a year normally as we are a little outside the camping season.

Fran143

Über Member
I always used to love camping in Scotland, France just really wherever I ended up......but the weather beat me so upgraded to the motorhome.:thumbsup: Now that is luxury in comparison......don't remember the last time I put my head on a pillow that I didn't know who'd used it before me and can't see that changing.....for a while!:tongue:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Camped for years until a 2 week trip in Ireland! Pissed down for most of it, could never get stuff dry, our 2 boys at that time were demented. Following year bought a caravan and have since sold that and bought a bigger one with awning. Kids love it come rain or shine,we are as snug as a bug.

We've never tried camping.. I've tried broaching the subject half-jokingly with Mrs B - when we are in an outdoors shop I often start looking at the tents and sleeping bags etc - but she doesn't see it as a joke!

And I must admit, the 'home-away-from-home' philosophy of having all the modern comforts to hand appeals more and more the older I get. I think we are too soft for camping now!

Top Bottom