Tent, Caravan or Hotel?

• Tent

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • Caravan

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • Hotel

Votes: 17 37.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shaun

Founder
For the life of me I can't talk Mrs. Admin into holidaying anywhere that doesn't offer "the four walls" style accommodation.

I did plenty of camping and orienteering when I was a young lad - scouts mainly (didn't like the idea of army cadets) - but I'm fairly partial now to a warm room and a soft bed when the day ends.

Are you an "outdoors" type? Do you take your partner/family camping or caravanning? (does it have two n's?)

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Night Train

Maker of Things
I so rarely get to holiday that when I do I want to be pampered. Can't see the point of going on holiday to do even more chores and work then I do at home just to get by and then sleep in a tiny bed in the cold and discomfort.

My last two proper holidays were in these hotels:
Baskerville Hall.
Lake Vyrnwy.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Tent for me on my own. Hotel if Mrs UD is in tow. She definitely doesn't share my enthusiasm for the sound of rain on canvas.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Depends. Hotels are no good for family holidays with small children, we have two (children that is, not hotels). We rented an apartment in Greece last year which was very nice. Camping is great when the weather's nice - we came home a week early a couple of years ago, it was raining so much I told my wife I'd rather be at work.

subaqua

What’s the point
camping. Mrs subaqua even went camping for a week at 8 months preggo.

both Kids love camping , and are ardent caravan haters , unless its a static Van thats 35Ft long and 15Ft wide :smile:

DSC02987.jpg

HelenD123

Guru
I'd never plan a weeks' camping holiday in the UK, particularly far in advance. I can manage a night or two or camping in the rain but after that I'm checking into a hotel. For a short stay a hotel or B&B would be fine but longer than that I like the flexibility of self-catering.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Went camping with Mrs Cisamcgu and Miss Cisamcgu last summer - The holiday was a success, the camping wasn't ! I was fine, Miss was fine, but Mrs hated every moment we were in the tent. It is hotels for family holidays from now on, but I still will try and camp by myself or with daughter if we get the chance.

I'm ok with a bivvy bag and a shovel, but there's little or no chance of ever getting the wife to go camping. I still suggest a trip every year and I think my best bet would be a glamping trip ... http://goglamping.net/

Globalti

Legendary Member
The first night Mrs Gti and I spent together was in a tent on a little peninsula on Angle tarn, just above Patterdale. We skinny-dipped in the tarn before bed and in the morning.

It was her first and last night in a tent, she hasn't slept in one since then!

24.04.06-077.jpg

Panter

Just call me Chris...
I love the idea of camping, but I just can't get any sleep in a tent.
We bought an old touring caravan a couple of Years back and haven't looked back since :biggrin:
We do a lot of rally style weekend away with the caravan & camping club, all local sites with no facilities whatsoever, the kids have an absolute blast and means we get IRO 20 odd "holidays" a Year :thumbsup:

Top Bottom