Tent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nippynorm

Can anyone recommend a good tent for cycle touring.I'm looking for one or two berth, a colour that blends in with the background flora and is very very tough and able to cope with high winds .

classic33

Leg End Member
When & where would you be using it? Often green/olive can stand out more than you think.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
I have two, but I believe neither are still made, but bear with me.
The Robert Saunders Spacepacker is very quick to put up, loads of space, entry either side, but I have to sleep diagonally and even then the inner sometimes touches my face. It also once blew flat in high winds in Scotland. Weighs 2kg.

The Vango Havoc 200 is takes longer to put up, only has one entry, but I can sit up in it and there's loads of head room. Very stable in all weathers. Weight 3kg.

I'd go for any Vango tent which tickes your boxes, they probably don't make a bad tent. Weight wise I'd not bother too much about it, 1kg difference isn't worth worrying about.

OP
OP
Nippynorm

Nippynorm

When & where would you be using it? Often green/olive can stand out more than you think.
Typical in a field behind a hedge .or a more favourable place would be at the edge of a wood .so always turf or soil . Maybe chalky ground but not on hard rock .

OP
OP
Nippynorm

Nippynorm

I have two, but I believe neither are still made, but bear with me.
The Robert Saunders Spacepacker is very quick to put up, loads of space, entry either side, but I have to sleep diagonally and even then the inner sometimes touches my face. It also once blew flat in high winds in Scotland. Weighs 2kg.

The Vango Havoc 200 is takes longer to put up, only has one entry, but I can sit up in it and there's loads of head room. Very stable in all weathers. Weight 3kg.

I'd go for any Vango tent which tickes your boxes, they probably don't make a bad tent. Weight wise I'd not bother too much about it, 1kg difference isn't worth worrying about.
Many thanks. I'll look into it. Thanks to all for your replies so far.I always think it's best to get advice from folk that have had good expirienc e .

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
For around the £100 mark you could look at the Eureka Spitfire Solo for a 1 man tent. 1.8kg and you can sit up in it unlike most solo tents. Mine is green, but strangely an old burgundy tent I had blended in just as well.

I've enjoyed touring with it. 3 years old now and in good nick.

classic33

Leg End Member
Many thanks. I'll look into it. Thanks to all for your replies so far.I always think it's best to get advice from folk that have had good expirienc e .
Bad experience can be just as helpful. Can save you a costly mistake.

With regards usage, where & when, I meant time of year(when), location/height(where).

You've got one answered. I've a 2-man(Ultimate Tadpole, origional), Vango Oddessy Micro 4(3-man tent) both of which I've used at low & high level in summer & winter.

Top Bottom