tents .. but not a normal question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
cisamcgu said:
Thanks for that info ...

how important is this inner/outer thing ?

It depends who you ask....

I have both types of tent and have no preferences.

Within the specified price range I don't think you have much choice. You are stuck with inner first.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
vernon said:
It depends who you ask....

I have both types of tent and have no preferences.

Within the specified price range I don't think you have much choice. You are stuck with inner first.

Agreed. If it is raining when you arrive with an inner first you either wait until it has stopped raining or learn to put the tent up quick.

It really is not an issue

OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
OK... Miss Cisamcgu fancies this one - any thoughts. Mrs and I are still going for the Beta 350.

The Zetes is £36 and the Beta is £67.50 at my local camping shop.

Thanks
Andrew

OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Thanks for that, we were impressed with the extra room and the porch as well. I image £36 is a pretty good price, we will probably buy it this afternoon along with the Beta (plus sleeping bags, mats,etc...)

Andrew

OP
OP
cisamcgu

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Thanks for your replies. We have bought the Beta350 and the Zetes 200. My daughter slept in the Zetes last night and declared it "lovely".

Another question .. lights .. what is the best way to light a tent at night ? Battery lamps, torches, gas lamp ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Jugular

Some people use candles in sand, though I certainly wouldn't try it nor advise it. There are lots of excellent lanterns out there but they all add alot of weight, though if that's not an issue then get one of those. I'd suggest not worrying too much about it and get an early night, the morning light always wakes me and I often wish I'd not bothered to avoid nature's signs.

Jmetz

Jugular said:
Some people use candles in sand, though I certainly wouldn't try it nor advise it. There are lots of excellent lanterns out there but they all add alot of weight, though if that's not an issue then get one of those. I'd suggest not worrying too much about it and get an early night, the morning light always wakes me and I often wish I'd not bothered to avoid natures signs.

I agree 100% i find when camping im asleep when darkness falls and awake with the sun, dont even need an alarm clock :biggrin:

Jugular

cisamcgu said:
any idea which ones are good ?

I don't use them personally so don't know what the different models are. I tend to use my Zipka headtorch which is very light and perfectly good for what I need. I did notice halfords do a cheap windup one which looked light and I know Millets do a few. Which is good or not I have no idea. I suggest you do some searching.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
cisamcgu said:
Another question .. lights .. what is the best way to light a tent at night ? Battery lamps, torches, gas lamp ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks

We originally went down the gas light option but we never use that... we have tried various things over the years and now have one of those small lanterns from millets that folds into itself and that you can charge at home and wind up when it starts to run low, and also one of those UFO lights in the other tent.

I like having lights and so do the children, but you also need the torches for directional light and trips to the loo in the night. Probably of more use if you have kids because you have to retreat to your tent earlier than those who stay in the pub until closing time.

We do take candles sometimes but if so its usually a citronella one and we would use it outside either to chat socially or to try and ward off insects.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Last week I used a little LED torch I got from Millets for £3 (in the sale) - 7 LEDs I think, or 9, and runs on 4 AAAs. I found a loop inside the tent, and hung the torch from it with the little strap that came with it - a carabina type clip would have been even easier. Directional light of course, but in a small tent, it illuminated enough for me.

Also, easy enough to unloop it for use outside if necessary.

Top Bottom