tents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ice2911

Über Member
D356D6F4-F8E2-4CBB-AA96-AE7C6DF67D21.png
The Vango Banshee 200

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've still got a Saunders Jet Packer Two that I bought in 1989. It survived a horrendous storm on the GR20 in the mountains of Corsica. It weighs 1.8kg and is distinctly cosy for two people
Saunders-Jetpacker-Plus-Tent-Lightweight-Backpacker-Hiking.jpg
. Today, you can get something half the weight that is roomier, and performs better for less money.
Anyway, it did the needful.

I've still got a Saunders Jet Packer Two that I bought in 1989. It survived a horrendous storm on the GR20 in the mountains of Corsica. It weighs 1.8kg and is distinctly cosy for two people View attachment 456274 . Today, you can get something half the weight that is roomier, and performs better for less money.
Anyway, it did the needful.
Looks similar to my 80s Blacks Paklite nice and light but leaked a bit.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Looks similar to my 80s Blacks Paklite nice and light but leaked a bit.
I just took the attitude..." if I've got to hump this thing up and down the mountains of Corsica for eight days, the only thing that really matters is that it's the lightest there is." In 1989, it pretty much was. Today you can get something equivalent that's under a kilo.

jay clock

Massive member
Yes they have, and then some. Spendy, but haven’t had any issue in 25+ years of owning their products.
I had a small split one of the poles (not enough to use the repair sleeve) and they sent a replacement part (and a new repair kit). Very good service from the EU importer (in Ireland)

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I just use an inexpensive Ozark Trail from Wal*Mart, cheap and cheerful, light, gets the job done, big enough for my bulky self. I've made a cover for it, for stealth mode, if need be.
stake-out.jpg

Note: I live in a built-up enough part of the States where I don't have to stealth camp, usually enough camping places, churches, or small towns to park a tent in at end of the day. been some years since I toured, but if all else fails, a small town police or fire department(volunteer) will sometimes let you camp right on their lot, or know of a place you can camp(churchyard,park, empty lot.).

jay clock

Massive member
I just use an inexpensive Ozark Trail from Wal*Mart, cheap and cheerful, light, gets the job done, big enough for my bulky self. I've made a cover for it, for stealth mode, if need be.
View attachment 456465
Note: I live in a built-up enough part of the States where I don't have to stealth camp, usually enough camping places, churches, or small towns to park a tent in at end of the day. been some years since I toured, but if all else fails, a small town police or fire department(volunteer) will sometimes let you camp right on their lot, or know of a place you can camp(churchyard,park, empty lot.).
I cycled across the US last year and top of my list for accommodation were the three fire stations and a church. And the fire stations cooked for us (one even drove to Walmart to buy ingredients for Jambalaya)! And two of the fire stations we slept inside anyway

Top Bottom