tents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bygone era

Über Member
can I see your tents that you use when cycle camping I used to own a hilleberg nalo 2 tent but had to sell it I cant believe how much they are new my all time favourite tent until I had it stolen in Portugal was a pho enix phreerunner goretex tent I loved it I wished phoenix mountaineering were still around

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
DSC_7428.JPG

Tarptent Moment. ^^

Just over 1.3 kg my present touring tent.
Solid (not mesh) inner
Goes up very quickly (as the name suggest) three season pretty robust, but not a winter shelter at altitude, in very heavy weather. (but then who would go cycle touring then?)

IMG_20161003_222140.jpg

Scarp I (also tarptent) previously used. About 1.9kg

Pretty bombproof, has happily survived 70mph storms higher up (backpacking not touring)
Also very quick to pitch (sub 3 minutes)

Slioch

Guru
I use my old Vango Zephyr Plus for backpacking/cyclecamping. 25+ years old now and still going strong. Used it all year round in wind/rain/snow with no issues.

Vango Zephyr Plus.JPG

I've had several Vango tents and they've all been really strong. If I ever had to replace this one I'd probably go for something like their Cairngorm. Maybe not a full 4 season tent, but at £130 looks like good value.

Used to have a Lightwave, I think it was the Trail T10 model.
It kept me comfortable and dry for a couple of months over 3 expeditions and stayed up in a big storm although the poles were pretty warped by the morning and it was forevermore lopsided.

Only now looking into it for this thread did I realise how much I must have spent on it. One more thing the bike thieves took from me :cry:
tent.jpg

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
can I see your tents that you use when cycle camping I used to own a hilleberg nalo 2 tent but had to sell it I cant believe how much they are new my all time favourite tent until I had it stolen in Portugal was a pho enix phreerunner goretex tent I loved it I wished phoenix mountaineering were still around

I still have my Phoenix from the 80's in the loft. Ought to get it out to see what state it is in.

Ice2911

Über Member
C8B9CA93-6A4F-4F91-B223-ECB3BDF628AB.jpeg
I use a Vango microlite 100 but I have just bought a Vango Banshee pro 200. I wanted a little more room inside, especially on wet days. Looking forward to trying it out locally first and putting up with the little extra weight.

Top Bottom