Show us your touring tent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

itchybeard

I'd be interested to know what tent and bag others use on their camping tour.

I use a one man tent, Terra Nova competition
I purchased around 10years ago now. there is an upgrade to this one...
It was supposed to be ultra lightweight but added proper pegs and that put the weight up.
I have used it on the fells, so far so good but not sure about it being bombproof...
Needs few times to put up to know how to make it tort.
Still, compact, lightweight and easy to put up.
I use a down sleeping bag though I wish I paid a little more for extra fill.
20150506_160651.jpg

Last edited:

cnb

Veteran
Depends if I'm touring alone or with the G/F...Last two tours of the Netherlands we used a Macpac Citadel tent..Which is an ideal tent for cyclists..Useful sitting height,Two entrances and a large porch...If I'm on my own its a choice between a Duomid with an oookworks inner or an Exped Venus 2...I have also used an MSR Hubba Hubba Hp but i found it to be rather delicate.(i managed to rip the fly first night out)..I'm selling the Macpac as She who must be obeyed isn't to keen on anymore cycle camping tours...I have always used down sleeping bags Summer i use a Rab Quantum 400 other times an old Rab 800...This should be a good post .I'm looking forward to any replies....

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
There seems to be a lack of photos in this thread started in the Photo Gallery forum.

I have no idea what the tents listed so far look like.

I have a bright orange one man tent, a green two man tent and a blue two man tent. :okay:

Slioch

Guru
I use one of these for back packing / cycle touring.

Vango Zephyr Plus.JPG

It's a Vango Zephry Plus, and I've had it over 25 years now. I've often thought about upgrading it with a new one, but just can't justify it as it is still totally bombproof and ticks all the boxes. Weighs about 4 lbs in old money, including pegs and poles. Use it all year round, including heavy snow and winds at 3,000ft in the Cairngorms in December.

Tojo

Über Member
View attachment 109269
Nordisk Oppland 3si, not exactly a minimalist backpacker, but it has acres of space to party in

Just wondering what camp site you were at when the picture was taken..........:cheers:

Ajay

Veteran
Very observant I didn't see that, I thought it may be Great Langdale NT site, but wasn't sure.....!

That's limestone, not slate....^_^.
Gordale Scar near Malham, Yorkshire Dales early September this year.
We live in deepest darkest "Booths Country" (Garstang), although we're getting an Aldi soon, all very exciting!

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Aldi is exciting. In the States, you'll see things like European and British chocolate or fruit preserves for about 1/3 the price other stores charge for the exact same thing. You all get much more cycling gear than we ever do, but they also have a lot of food that readily adapts to camping.

Top Bottom