1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show us your touring tent

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by itchybeard, 25 Oct 2015.

Tags:
  1. F70100

F70100 Who, me ?

Is that second pic at Morar on The Road to the isles?

midlife likes this.
  2. Amanda P

Amanda P The CycleChat user formerly known as Uncle Phil

It's a little way north of Morar, yes. You can read about the whole trip here.

3. Dave Davenport

Dave Davenport Guru

Vango Halo 200
    Nice, roomy tent for two and opens both sides for when it's hot.
    SAM_2587.JPG

4. itchybeard

itchybeard Well-Known Member

nice

5. itchybeard

itchybeard Well-Known Member

cannot wait to get the tent out and get going again.

Bodhbh likes this.
  6. Bodhbh

Bodhbh Veteran

Oh well, clocks go forward at the weekend then it's open season !

raleighnut likes this.
  7. MontyVeda

MontyVeda a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

Does the Banshee have a door on each side? My cheap Highlander Glen Orchy is a similar design... I'm a bit tall for it (6'3") but it's not so bad with a thin mat. Only other gripe is no real porch... but the two doors makes all the difference at a warm and sunny 6am. ...oh, and its pole sections are quite short so it packs up nicely into a pannier.

159469896_new-glen-orchy-back-packing-wild-camping-2-man-tent-h.jpg

8. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

Easy said, I once went camping up in Derbyshire between my birthday (this weekend) and Easter. It was lovely weather, walking in shorts and a Tshirt bit nippy at night but I had a good sleeping bag/tent plus (after a tip from a mate) a way of heating the tent (Hot water bottle wrapped in a towel and stuffed in the bottom of the sleeping bag)
    Anyway, on about the 5th night I got back from the pub, slept, woke up nice and toasty but it seemed to be still very early so I made a cuppa (in the small porch of my little Litchfield Viper tent) rolled a fag up and switched on my little Transistor only to hear the 10 'O'clock news.
    There was a foot of snow over the Tent. :eek:

9. mcshroom

mcshroom Bionic Subsonic

The blue one on this picture is, a Coleman Cobra 2. The other is my friend's Coleman Avior X2
    20150928_182212.jpg

I need to get a replacement pole section for my tent now now though after it lost a fight with an over-excited camp site dog in the Highlands last autumn. It finished the tour with a bit of bandaging
    20151009_184222.jpg

itchybeard and raleighnut like this.
  10. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Yep, door each side, makes getting the Brompton in pretty easy!

11. Bodhbh

Bodhbh Veteran

This didn't happen to be 2008 did it? A similar thing happened that Easter when we were walking the Three Peaks in Yorkshire over a couple of days. Day 1 was sunny enough, but here's the start of Day 2 (note my tent sloughing off the snow a good deal better than the fancy Hillberg!):

Copy%20of%20DSCN0421_zpsm6iwbwjk.jpg

But I take your point. I'm not trying to be hardcore, most of my trips lately are weekend jobs decided the Thurday night on promise of good weather. Which *mostly* works out.

itchybeard and raleighnut like this.
  12. Blue Hills

Blue Hills Veteran

Cripes. Am impressed. Is it a top end "technical tent" or were old vangos better made? It surely must have broken at least one pole?

13. Blue Hills

Blue Hills Veteran

Do you have room for all of your stuff in a one man tent? I rather had the ideavthst one man tents mean just that, not much more than one person and a thin set of clothes.

14. Blue Hills

Blue Hills Veteran

Sure that's not a condom?

15. hopless500

hopless500 Trundling along

It's tight. I got my stuff in my 1 person tent but it was cosy. I'm little so I don't know how a tall person would do.

Blue Hills likes this.