Show us your touring tent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What's the tarp you are using there? And the poles? I have a poncho which can be used as a tarp (not used it in the wilds yet, just practised tying it above my bed!!!) but am also considering getting a tarp. I like the idea when free camping of being able to see any neer do wells - in some locations have a feeling I might feel a bit nervy in a tent - dum dum dum throbbing music, next thing a knife tears through the tent fabric :smile:

The tarp is a Silwing, which is great as you have a massive coverage for very little weight and space
http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co...8isy3wY6EvXe2JzUn54Vrahe4VScinTVL6xoC8_Dw_wcB

The pole is made to measure to fit my tent and is perfect for the tarp as well, it was from Stuart at Bear Bones Bike Packing
http://www.bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/shop/?product_cat=shelter
I've now upgraded to a carbon pole

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
image.jpg

toffee

Guru
Just bought one of these. Just right for our tour of Holland in July.
IMG_20160504_210323.jpg

Should look like this when erected

_20160504_211703.JPG

I seem to have bought the last one as they have disappeared from the site.

Red was £80 cheaper than green ^_^

Derek

TrishE

Über Member
I like eurohike got this one as an 'upgrade' to my previous one I've had for almost 20yrs. Has a sewn in groundsheet, is pitched fly first and plenty room enough for me and dog and stuff. It's stable, very easy to put up myself, fine in the rain and not bad at all for £40 have backpacked with it looking forward to cycle camping on my days off if the rain ever stops :smile:
IMAG0787.jpg

TrishE

Über Member
My Vango Helix 100. It is quite light, but it is a bit claustrophobic!
Not being a huge fan of cycle camping, I use it as a last resort. (It's the extra weight to carry around, plus I like a proper bed with en-suite facilities!).

New%20Galloway%20March%202004%20008_zpsfocmyqic.jpg
Can be almost en suite if you pitch very near the shower block lol. It's lucky that I do like camping as I have a dog shame as I liked youth hostelling when younger would like to again :smile:

pawl

Legendary Member
Just put it up for the first time.
View attachment 127570

Derek

A bit of after cut lawn fertiliser would enhance the photograph

Top Bottom