Show us your touring tent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jamieyorky

Veteran
I like eurohike got this one as an 'upgrade' to my previous one I've had for almost 20yrs. Has a sewn in groundsheet, is pitched fly first and plenty room enough for me and dog and stuff. It's stable, very easy to put up myself, fine in the rain and not bad at all for £40 have backpacked with it looking forward to cycle camping on my days off if the rain ever stops :smile: View attachment 133386

Ive just been looking at this online, how big is the bag when its packed away? will it fit on a rear pannier rack?

djb1971

Legendary Member
Lovely view every morning AND otters every day

27825334036_697bd816f2_k.jpg

Mull m'deary

It was the hottest week of last year, the tent was like an oven. I went home with a major sunburn problem, some parts of me actually went purple (leave it! :whistle:)
Tobermory is one of my favourite places on the planet. I love sailing into there. Saw my first otter there about 8 years ago mooching about below the lifeboat ramp. Mr Hop's last munro was there too :smile:

djb1971

Legendary Member
Yep. And strangely the sun always seems to be shining when I'm there :smile:
The sun always shines when you're around :sun:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I had a Wild Country tent which I used for backpacking mostly. One of the poles broke in Wales on a walking trip so I bought a cheap tent in a camping store- it was about 40 quid I think, might even have been 35. Planned on giving it away after I completed my trip but it's good-enough for solo camping in the UK so I've still got it. I don't even know what the brand is, mountain-something or other perhaps. Here it is in a campsite behind a pub in Essex, I have been to better locations with it but didn't take photos of the tent while I was there!

P1030977_zpswkhltozk.jpg

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
The people in the blue tent were well noisy by the way. I left at 5:30 a.m. before the nutjob Dengie Peninsula drivers got started.

Top Bottom