Show us your touring tent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisEyles

Guru
[QUOTE 5557010, member: 9609"]with a gust of wind would the bike not end up on your head ?[/QUOTE]

If you do a decent job with the guy ropes it's perfectly stable. Must admit it did bother me the first couple of times I slept in the wind like that though!

@Fab Foodie this is the tarp I use:

http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/shop/hardwear/british-army-basha-dpm-camo-grade-1124047.html

Best £15 I've spent in ages! Looking forward to getting it out again in a couple of months :biggrin:

I went out and bought one of these a couple of weeks after reading this, I haven’t used a tent since. Great bit of kit, flexible enough to use as sun shade, a shelter in the garden but most of all, cover when bivvying

I like them so much, I bought 2 more, one of which was for my 5 year old nephew

Looks like a good little setup and bloody good value for money

It’s great, even when there have been no trees to use, I can use the bike to elevate one end enough to make it comfortable.

big thanks to @ChrisEyles

The thing I really like about it, and it may seem obvious but come dusk, the pattern really does hide well in lots of different surroundings

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
It’s great, even when there have been no trees to use, I can use the bike to elevate one end enough to make it comfortable.

big thanks to @ChrisEyles

The thing I really like about it, and it may seem obvious but come dusk, the pattern really does hide well in lots of different surroundings

Ah but how do you find it if returning from pub down the road?😯

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Ah but how do you find it if returning from pub down the road?😯

Yes sometimes I worry that I won't find my little grey mound of a tent, in among a field of granite boulders,
when returning from taking pics at sunset..

Stealth camping is all well and good until you, end up hiding your set up from yourself.

I've never quite, not refound my shelter, but I have given myself a bit of a scare on a couple of occasions. :rolleyes:

#notppayingattention :wacko:

Glad to hear you're getting on with it :smile:

I haven't been out wild camping for almost two years now... Need to sort this out!
i have some forays planned for september - one to deepest essex in one or two woods I scouted in lockdown.
(also did some extra tarp testing in epping forest during lockdown)
Then a brief trip to the new forest area.
Both in pedalling distance of some nice/promising looking pubs - if they haven't shut again - haven't been in a pub since before lockdown.
should be heaven.

Last edited:
Top Bottom