Tern link N8 - Chain keeps falling off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I ve had my tern link 6 months now. Generally I am very pleased with it - however twice in the last few days the chain has fallen off when getting it in/out of the car...First time the only way I could get it back on was to move what looks like a chain guide (a bit of plastic on the down tube - that seems to go over the top of the chain) - don't know if this is significant - but the chain fell off again this morning when getting it out of the car...

Cycleops

Legendary Member
A pic might help.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I ve had my tern link 6 months now. Generally I am very pleased with it - however twice in the last few days the chain has fallen off when getting it in/out of the car...First time the only way I could get it back on was to move what looks like a chain guide (a bit of plastic on the down tube - that seems to go over the top of the chain) - don't know if this is significant - but the chain fell off again this morning when getting it out of the car...
That is a chain guide you moved. I suggest putting it back.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
That is a chain guide you moved. I suggest putting it back.

I suspected as much - I did put it back - but then it was catching the chain - so moved it slightly forwards seemed ok - but the chain was off this morning as I got the thing out of the car - are they any guidelines\hints for getting it back to its correct position ? - if thats not a daft question !

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
If it's the Mainstay guide, found these instructions.....
Montageanleitung.jpg

Top Bottom