Tern Link/Node vs. Verge/Eclipse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

arnop

Regular
By just comparing the frames of Link/Node by the look it seems that they are somewhat identical.
The same applies for Verge and Eclipse.

Comparing just the frames, not the individual outfits, do you think the Verge/Eclipse is better than the Link/Node?

Yes, the latter series is considerably more expensive, but that is imho due do the fitted equipment...

Did you ever had the opportunity to compare them? Which one is stiffer, stronger?

Drago

Legendary Member
We stumbled across this by accident a few months back, a firm In Taiwan that supplies folder and ebike frames to Tern, Carrera, and a host of others.

I've ridden the link and it rode well, better than the Brompton with my weight aboard, but the Carrera felt stiffer and was much flightier on the move.

Never tried the Verge.

Drago

Legendary Member
Unfair? This isn't the playground. Fair is an irrelevant social construct when it comes to bicycles.

Fair or not is irrelevant- it rides a lot better.

OP
OP
A

arnop

Regular
I agree. I might travel a longer way to work in future, that's when facing trains filled to the brim might be a factor.
Should this become an issue, I'd look into Bromptons. I already reading into this, and looking for a test drive.

But right now the question is if it's worth to go after a Verge frame vs. a Link frame for the next upgrade in the 20inch class.

In fact a was offered a Tern Verge with the automatic two speed hub.
I'm wondering if this thing, and right now I'm just concerned with the stiffness and reliability of the frame, has any advantages over the Link.

Wether this thing is to be pimped up with proper lights and 7-speed-hub is a different story, but as i wrote, that's not the issue here.

Top Bottom