Terrible Customer Service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
so you say but again it all enhances your story, and of course those that don't pander to you or your story obviously have no understanding of disabilities ... give me a break,
Explain the consequenses of the wrong medication being given upon the disability.

OP
OP
Whiskey88

Whiskey88

I notice the Irish chap has gone quiet - what a shock!

Well 48 hours after submitting the complaint, not so much as an acknowledgement from Boots. They're not making it any better for themselves...

classic33

Leg End Member
I notice the Irish chap has gone quiet - what a shock!

Well 48 hours after submitting the complaint, not so much as an acknowledgement from Boots. They're not making it any better for themselves...
Did you use what I gave you?

Bryony

Veteran
I had similar problems when my mum became disabled. People would always address me and not my Mum. If they asked me a question about my mum I said ask her yourself she's lost her leg not her marbles! And they quite often seemed shocked that someone in a wheelchair can think and talk for themselves!

classic33

Leg End Member
No still here..... I didn't see where I needed to reply....unlike now....don't be bitter, that attitude might get you bad customer service...;)
well you did say
so you say but again it all enhances your story, and of course those that don't pander to you or your story obviously have no understanding of disabilities ... give me a break,
Now explain the effects of the wrong medicaion being given, when the medication is to try & "control" the disablitiy. You can either use what was given or leave it. Either can lead to a worsening of the condition, sometimes immeadiatly.

MarkF

Guru
I had similar problems when my mum became disabled. People would always address me and not my Mum. If they asked me a question about my mum I said ask her yourself she's lost her leg not her marbles! And they quite often seemed shocked that someone in a wheelchair can think and talk for themselves!

I think, that without thinking, I'd probably address the person at eye level...............don't read too much into that.

classic33

Leg End Member
You also have to tailor your words, to suit. There's no point in talking to a deaf person the same way you would someone who could actually hear you speaking.
Its a simple case of facing them, slowing down the speech(just in case they can lip read) & speaking clearly. All the whilst trying not to treat them as daft. Deaf, not Daft.

classic33

Leg End Member
That's interesting. What is the most polite way to address somebody who is in a wheelchair? Upright, leaning down, or crouching?
Depending on the situation, either leaning down or crouching. Don't be seen as though you're talking over them.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Depending on the situation, either leaning down or crouching. Don't be seen as though you're talking over them.
Thank you. I thought that crouching might be seen as somehow condescending although it would be my first choice. You didn't get taught this at school, especially when I was there.

avalon

Guru
Thank you. I thought that crouching might be seen as somehow condescending although it would be my first choice. You didn't get taught this at school, especially when I was there.
I don't think the majority of people are intentionally rude, it's just a situation that many have never considered or encountered before and one that is possibly out of their comfort zone.

Top Bottom