Terrible Customer Service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Whiskey88

Whiskey88

That's part of the reason why I posted it on here. In terms of PR, it would be awful for them. Not only is S in a wheelchair, but both of us are army veterans too.

classic33

Leg End Member
That's part of the reason why I posted it on here. In terms of PR, it would be awful for them. Not only is S in a wheelchair, but both of us are army veterans too.
You'll have a call from the female named, asking what it is you want, whilst at the same time they'll be getting everything in the store shipsafe, for when the area manager calls.

RWright

Guru
The elevator was working fine, as far as I could established, but was blocked by work that Boots had chosen to undertake.
I missed that post. They should have handled it better. I thought the lift was broken. Bad day for everyone it looks like. Sorry to hear your friend was upset by it.

asterix

Comrade Member
It's shocking. I wonder if disabled people should start a movement to highlight organisations that treat them badly, or well for that matter.

Unfortunately our local Boots does nothing to make me think they would be any better..

Incidentally I recall that Ryanair took a lot of stick a few years ago for their attitude to the disabled and I believe did a great deal to improve things. From what I have seen on my flights to and from Limoges I am very impressed with their attitude in that respect now.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Is being an army veteran relevant. I would expect everyone to be treated with dignity and respect, irrespective of what job they did in the past.

The press would love a disgruntled veteran story, probably more than they'd like a story about someone disabled for any other reason. It's not right, but it's the way it is, sadly.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
What avalon said...

BUT, there is the implication that if Joe/Jane Bloggs is disabled, that is unfortunate. If a veteran is disabled, this is assumed to be due to their military service, so they put themselves, when in full health, in harms way for the defense* of the rest of us in this country, and so were disabled through doing good* when they didn't have to.

* let's not get into the (often justified) arguments about whether wars etc are really in defense of the UK.

classic33

Leg End Member
Is being an army veteran relevant. I would expect everyone to be treated with dignity and respect, irrespective of what job they did in the past.
And speaking as a disabled person, boots would rather have neither. It won't suprise me if boots try passing the blame onto the people making the complaint as being their fault for causing the problem in the first place.
We'll wait & see.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering

Why should that merit special attention.

OP
OP
Whiskey88

Whiskey88

I do mean it in PR terms only, sorry I didn't explain that too well before. Frankly, after leaving I changed my views a lot about military service and I often get annoyed at the "specialness" that is perceived of it in the press. However, it does mean that some national papers would be likely to really kick off with it if going to the press became a necessary action.

pauldavid

Veteran
Seems like a good solution for a temporary situation.
I agree, if I understand your post. It appears that a lift that is normally available was unavailable due to service/maintenance work. On this visit surely it would have been easier on all concerned to just say "oh, that's a blimmin nuisance. You wait here a sec while I run down and get my prescription"

It's unfortunate that the lift wasn't available on this visit but all mechanical equipment needs repair at some time and nobody working there will have broken it on purpose.

asterix

Comrade Member
I do mean it in PR terms only, sorry I didn't explain that too well before. Frankly, after leaving I changed my views a lot about military service and I often get annoyed at the "specialness" that is perceived of it in the press. However, it does mean that some national papers would be likely to really kick off with it if going to the press became a necessary action.

The return to civilian life is hard for veterans of combat. How much more so if they are disabled?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...f-war-veterans-locked-in-British-prisons.html
I was shocked to read lately that there are currently about 23 million service veterans in the US. The disabled ones there are not treated particularly well from what I read. Certainly not as 'special'.

OP
OP
Whiskey88

Whiskey88

rather than he person who couldn't be bothered to pause for 30 seconds to hear what he had to say...as most of us would do....

Congratulations on proving that you have no idea about disabilities. As stated in the post, S was about to fall over from being on their feet too long - that fall would have been down a flight of stairs. Are you suggesting that S should have allowed themselves to fall down a flight of stairs in order to "pause for 30 seconds" to listen to an apology that, had everything been done correctly in the first place, would not have been needed? :banghead:

Top Bottom