Tesco 3w Cree torch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
helmet tester said:
no its almost exclusively torches with me. although i remember having something of a fascination with digital watches when they first became popular ; i was at that age, there was an american tv series called 'the gemini man' and he had a digital watch which made him invisible when he pressed the buttons.

you have to admit, the tesco torch whilst not perfect (the batteries rattle about when you shake it) is pretty damn good - sturdy good quality constructio, looks good, well engineered - that button clicking action is the best i ever felt, the tension is just right, not to tight, not too loose, and of course its very bright....

I remember that! He could only stay invisible for an hour at a time though, couldn't he? I never figured out how he knew the hour was up when he couldn't see his watch....

BTW, the button on one of my Tescos is broken.....

helmet tester said:
no its almost exclusively torches with me. although i remember having something of a fascination with digital watches when they first became popular ; i was at that age, there was an american tv series called 'the gemini man' and he had a digital watch which made him invisible when he pressed the buttons.

I remember that! Always thought it was better than the David McCallum 'Invisible Man' TV series of about the same time.
Probably think it was rubbish if I saw it now though.

Always did think the LED watches looked good, and you can get retro ones now. But you had to push a button to see the time so needed two hands. A definite gadget.

I've got a bit obsessive with the tesco torches. Bought 4 (not all for me) already and can think of a use for another 2.

Hmmm. Could you mount 2 of the heads on a bracket with a bigger plug in battery pack ,in an Ayup style?

JohnRedcoRn

I'M sure i could cobble something together with a bit copper wire, the torch head and duck tape...the way i'm heading on my quest to find the best brightness - economy ratio i'll be riding around with a floodlight salvaged from the football stadium* they just demolished near me. heavy yes but unsurpassed visibility.

*i use the term 'stadium' with some degree of licence, it wasnt exactly wembley.

Cubist

Still wavin'
They're down to £7.73 now.

In the midle of a project at work which necessitates riding along an unlit Sustrans route after dark. Couple of these mounted using the Oxford combination lock frame mount and a couple of rubber bands has meant we didn't have to shell out for anything more expensive. Awesome value.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I bought one of these torches for £8 from my local Tesco and it's been really good as a second light along with my Cateye 520 front light.

I spent the grand total of $3.35 on a rather useful mounting for it too:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15642

It goes on the light mounting block on the front of my recumbent trike and I hang the torch underneath the mounting arm (with the Cateye above) and it's very easy and quick for me to remove the whole torch-and-mounting-block so the torch is firmly fixed into the mounting block at all times. It's made a real difference to my cycling in the dark, and for less than a tenner!

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
I have mounted mine on one of these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1x-Bicycle-Bi...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

1ef2_1.JPG

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
If ever I find a Tesco with them again so that I can get a second one .... ;)

Top Bottom