Tesco 3w Cree torch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redcogs

Guru
i just checked the Tesco site and the 3watt alloy job is £12, not £10:sad:.

Does anyone know if this is the same model as people are raving about?

The 2AA one was GBP10, the 2C one was GBP12. Both 3W. Don't know what the price is now though. They are being discontinued, so best buy one quick.

redcogs said:
i just checked the Tesco site and the 3watt alloy job is £12, not £10:sad:.

Does anyone know if this is the same model as people are raving about?

Could be, its black metallic 3 w LED, I only noticed the cree label (small print on the back of the packaging) when I was in the queue for the check out :biggrin:. I only paid £9 though and I think some folk got it for £8.

Edit oh I didn't realise the 3c type was also 3 watt

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Went to Tesco for my evening run,
Bah, bady-bay, didn't have none.
Raced back to my house
Got on the Forum...

JohnRedcoRn

just ordered one of these online. was a bit of a faff but couldnt help myself based on good reviews here. I have a near obsessive thing for torches anyway, before i even get round to bike lights, i'm ammassing quite a collection ! seriously though its nice to be able to see properly when tou get out into those unlit country lanes etc

JohnRedcoRn

GOT THE TESCO TORCH TODAY - impressive. the only thing is it seems to be quite heavy? 2 x C batteries, have i got the wrong one ? it says 3 watt cree or something like people have talked about. Hmmmmmm, i suppose it'll be no heavier than say a set of twin rechargeable lights +battery pack. maybe i'll just keep using my cheapie one i got with the petrol as its very light but being such a cheapie it wont be so bad if it doesnt last forever.

JohnRedcoRn

I GOOGLED 'TESCO' AND LOOKED UP 'TORCHES' THEN WENT FOR 3 watt cree torch, so its possible i have something not quite the same as people are describing. its black aluminium, one LED, nice and sturdily built, very bright. heavy though.

oh well, a good excuse to buy another torch anyway.

Top Bottom