Tesco 3w Cree torch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnRedcoRn

D'OH ! i thought it was a touch big and heavy for a bike !! so thats the tesco torch, an AA maglite, a multi LED cheap but bright alluminium torch i got with the petrol (in active use on my bike via lockblock), another aluminium torch that i got with petrol (came in an AA branded box, about the same brightness as the maglite), the maglite upgrade kit i'm thinking of buying, numerous miniature LED keyring torches.

Dammit i need a headtorch, i think my local BP garage were selling them this week for a couple of quid. Its hard work being me - i have to make allsorts of decisions on which torch to use on the bike, which one to have on standby in the house / loft / garage, which one to keep in the rucksack and which one to keep in the car (maybe one in the boot and another in the glovebox to cover all eventualities).

has anyone seen those ones on amazon that apparently the police favour ? i saw some of those in my local outdoor shop, very nice.

JohnRedcoRn said:
D'OH ! i thought it was a touch big and heavy for a bike !! so thats the tesco torch, an AA maglite, a multi LED cheap but bright alluminium torch i got with the petrol (in active use on my bike via lockblock), another aluminium torch that i got with petrol (came in an AA branded box, about the same brightness as the maglite), the maglite upgrade kit i'm thinking of buying, numerous miniature LED keyring torches.

Dammit i need a headtorch, i think my local BP garage were selling them this week for a couple of quid. Its hard work being me - i have to make allsorts of decisions on which torch to use on the bike, which one to have on standby in the house / loft / garage, which one to keep in the rucksack and which one to keep in the car (maybe one in the boot and another in the glovebox to cover all eventualities).

has anyone seen those ones on amazon that apparently the police favour ? i saw some of those in my local outdoor shop, very nice.

Not seen those - do post a link.

You sound like me, by the way. Do you like watches as well?

Danny

Legendary Member
Fcuk me rigid...78 posts about a torch :laugh:

You'd think that Tescos had come up with the latest killer gadget, not a bog standard torch.

Can't understand what the fascination is, but each to their own I suppose.

OP
OP
Mr Pig

Mr Pig

Dannyg said:
You'd think that Tescos had come up with the latest killer gadget, not a bog standard torch.

The point is that for the price, it's a very good torch. It's a cheap way to get bright lights on your bike, that's all.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Dannyg said:
Fcuk me rigid...78 posts about a torch :tongue:

It's because of the Fenix torches, which are really excellent bright bike lights and created a lot of excitement. The tescos one is a much cheaper version, not quite as good, but a quarter of the price, so no wonder there's a bit of a stir.

zacklaws

Guru
Dannyg said:
Fcuk me rigid...78 posts about a torch :tongue:

82 posts now, I bought two of them this week :tongue::biggrin::biggrin:

Rob S

The £8 AA torch no longer has Cree on the packaging....I haven't compared the LED assembly of the one I bought this week with the £10 I bought over a month ago which did have Cree written on the packaging.

Danny

Legendary Member
Mr Pig said:
The point is that for the price, it's a very good torch. It's a cheap way to get bright lights on your bike, that's all.
I think I'd worked that bit out after the first few posts - anyway if it brightens up your life who am I to complain :becool:

helmet tester

Twenty Inch said:
Not seen those - do post a link.

You sound like me, by the way. Do you like watches as well?

no its almost exclusively torches with me. although i remember having something of a fascination with digital watches when they first became popular ; i was at that age, there was an american tv series called 'the gemini man' and he had a digital watch which made him invisible when he pressed the buttons.

you have to admit, the tesco torch whilst not perfect (the batteries rattle about when you shake it) is pretty damn good - sturdy good quality constructio, looks good, well engineered - that button clicking action is the best i ever felt, the tension is just right, not to tight, not too loose, and of course its very bright....

helmet tester

hmmm, so how easy is it to 'upgrade' these things....stick a brighter bulb in a well built but not so bright torch.

i cant believe i'm even asking this question really. It seems i've at last found my true vocation in life.

Top Bottom