Tesco 3w Cree torch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Just out of interest how long do the batteries last? From what I have read elsewhere battery life is an issue when using torches as cycle lights. It was the reason I gave up using one in the past.

Noodley

Hairy Jock said:
Just out of interest how long do the batteries last? From what I have read elsewhere battery life is an issue when using torches as cycle lights. It was the reason I gave up using one in the past.

I got about 2.5 to 3 hours out of the ones that came with the torch.

upandover

Guru
Tynan said:
the reviews on Amazon suggest that it's not robust, doesn't sound the thing for a bike light

Yes, that puzzles me. I've had mine ages, and it's a general purpose thrown around torch, and it's taken a lot of flack. In the same period of time we've broken two mini-ages between us (and then fixed them). The kids have played with it lots, including 'throw the light' games in a a dark tent! Still.

Attaching torches - I use 3mm strips of innertube, as elastic bands, pulled together and stretched around the torch through the vents, and back around the torch. It holds fast, lets me adjust the position well, and gives a bit more movement for changing batteries.

Steve

OP
OP
Mr Pig

Mr Pig

My two torch mounts arrived from China today, £1 each including postage! They look ideal. Tesco torch is a good fit, although I think I'll put some tape inside the mount to grip it firmer.

£1 !!!

Downward

Guru
Mr Pig said:
My two torch mounts arrived from China today, £1 each including postage! They look ideal. Tesco torch is a good fit, although I think I'll put some tape inside the mount to grip it firmer.

£1 !!!

Link ??
I have 45 mins commute and still on Tesco's batts that came with it - I had the torch before it snowed which was 2 weeks ago so have done at least 6 nighttime journeys.

I tried my Tescos 3W AA torch (along with my smarts - flashing) out last night for the first time. Impressed. Friends who drove passed and said how bright they thought it was. I've rigged it to an old lamp bracket, which releases easily, but will get a lockblock to try.

Mr Phoebus

I wear mine now on the back of my hand (It's held firmly in place by a Livestrong band)
If anyone stupidly pulls right out on me, I can now give them the Alvin Stardust pointy finger and a bit of night blindness too.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Mr Phoebus said:
I wear mine now on the back of my hand (It's held firmly in place by a Livestrong band)
If anyone stupidly pulls right out on me, I can now give them the Alvin Stardust pointy finger and a bit of night blindness too.

Flippin' 'eck - I wont mess.

Quite happy with my Tesco - get 2 hours full power - they are bright, and do the job as a supplement light.... I've yet to 'drill' out the battery compartment.....

Mr Phoebus

It was the trial run tonight. I couldn't be arsked taking a front light and mounting off another bike so I quickly grabbed the torch and band.

jimboalee

Fossyant.

You've been watching too much Star Trek Voyager.....:o)

I use two jubilee clips out of shed store cupboard. Cushioned with old inner.

Here's a tip for the Tesco torch.
Devcon crystal clear two part epoxy resin. Apply a small bead around the perimeter of the lens. Stops moisture getting in.

Then the Tesco torch will be better than Range Rover lamps :tongue::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom