Tesco Lorries - A Positive Note

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NigC

The complete reverse to my post regarding Skip Lorries.

I have to give praise to the drivers of Tesco lorries in and around the Weybridge area. Again, maybe it's just me, but whenever I've been passed by a Tesco lorry, it's been my pleasure to see several feet of space between myself and the lorry wheels. And they have always been very good at hanging back waiting for the opportunity to pass :wacko:

There is a Tesco distribution centre near where I work, so it's especially noteworthy that I have been passed by so many and never yet felt the pull of suction as they pass :smile: I'm guessing their training centre makes a special point of "making room" for cyclist.

And no, I don't work for Tesco :laugh:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
NigC said:
The complete reverse to my post regarding Skip Lorries.

I have to give praise to the drivers of Tesco lorries in and around the Weybridge area. Again, maybe it's just me, but whenever I've been passed by a Tesco lorry, it's been my pleasure to see several feet of space between myself and the lorry wheels. And they have always been very good at hanging back waiting for the opportunity to pass :wacko:

There is a Tesco distribution centre near where I work, so it's especially noteworthy that I have been passed by so many and never yet felt the pull of suction as they pass :smile: I'm guessing their training centre makes a special point of "making room" for cyclist.

And no, I don't work for Tesco :laugh:
it's not just you. Tesco might be the Hand of the Devil, but their drivers are very impressive.

lit

Yeah they are very good, I was cycling on the road to Brooklands and one held behind me for a while, hopped on the pavement when I got a chance and let him through and got a toot in thanks.

thomas

the tank engine
I used to commute to Leatherhead so certainly saw enough Tesco lorries on a stretch of the route. I did make one complaint as one overtook and pulled into me, which was quite scary. Other than that though, no real problems, other than because the road I went down was reasonably narrow it was nearly impossible to filter past them in traffic :wacko: (obviously, not the driver's fault :angry:)

j66

It was a Tesco lorry that recently flung 4 litres of coke and a packet of Blueberry Muffins in our path on a family ride a little while ago. So yes, and no.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Don't they all work for Wincanton's now ? I know they used to do a lot of the big supermarkets.
I'm always impressed by their standards of driving, especially their ability to reverse a trailer into seemingly impossibly small spaces.

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
j66 said:
It was a Tesco lorry that recently flung 4 litres of coke and a packet of Blueberry Muffins in our path on a family ride a little while ago. So yes, and no.

Maybe you looked hungry ;)

OP
OP
N

NigC

I go home in a few minutes - why do I suddenly feel I'm going to regret this thread??? ;)

Top Bottom