Tescos marketing bike quality components

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
YahudaMoon

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Im after the chainrings

Will they fit my bike?

No tech blurb on the page

OP
OP
YahudaMoon

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Oh third party

Yes they are Simano compatable

Ive got a standard triple chainset 135 BCD?

Need a 52 and a 38 tooth or there abouts

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
No

Never used ribble
Will try them:smile:
They are the cheapest for replacement chain rings

Cameronmu917772

I happen to be most up set through my research so far with ribble although there r872 is playing havoc with my gentlemen bits. I just can't comprehend the fact that such a sxc bike would be cheaply made and prone to problems of all manners. I want to try the bike for my self just can't justify spending a grand for a shot lol. Is it just general conscience that ribble are no good? As a roadie I couldn't be seen on something with such low designer value... Could I?

Sorry yahooda my friend don't mean to answer question with a question.
If its chain rings your after. Head to chain reactions? They have done me a world of favours. Ask them a question and they answer as well as being brilliant on pricing. Although you don't get a bag of haribo with your order like you do with wiggle. :hyper: It funny because the big online company's do all they can to keep your custom these days. So if you can get what you want some whare cheaper email them 9 times out of 10 they will do it cheaper and give you something alittle extra. (Happy endings not included) hehehe well to a degree. (Sweeties)

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
Stronglight are Shimano compatible I think.
Perhaps @RecordAceFromNew can confirm.

Those rings look pretty generic, as can be expected from Stronglight, so would likely fit most chainsets with the correct bcd. That said ring compatibility can be a minefield and difficult to generalise unfortunately - e.g. not even all Shimano rings are interchangeable between Shimano chainsets of the same bcd, and not all Campag rings of a nominal bcd necessarily have equal distance bolt circles...

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
As already mentioned, the ones on the Tesco site are 110 bcd so won't fit if you need 135 bcd. They aren't cheap either - they're double the price that Spa or Ribble are charging for the same spec Dural rings.

It would be worth being sure of what bcd your chainset takes before ordering anything.:thumbsup:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not had an issue with stuff from Ribble.

The Zircal chain rings are lovely. Really well finished with shifting ramps and pins. The Dural ones are more generic, but do work very well.

Top Bottom