Thai meals..... your favourite ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

Pretty sure that's not poultry.:okay:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)

Adam4868

Guru

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Khao kha moo is a underrated classic lunch dish.
Same for pad kra pao moo with egg, minced pork is a must.
My favourite hangover dish Pad kee mao well deserve their name, drunken noodles

Thai nation may be the most foodie out there along with Japanese, something great to eat is never far away there, even in the worst boondocks

Last edited:

Adam4868

Guru
Ahhh! My favourite food ^_^. I lived in the far east for 5 years and visited that beautiful country, oh, a dozen times or more? Memories of a big bowl of Tom Kha Gai soup, rice and an ice-cold Singha beer for a quid on Koh Phangan beach, oh yes! ^_^^_^^_^
Spent a lot of time in Thailand and south east Asia. Koh Phangan when younger,Hadrin Beach.It was 30 years ago when I first went and you wouldn't recognize it now ! Have a friend who still lives there.My partner went over a couple of years ago I got left at home with the kids
But still miss the food,especially the street food in places like Bangkok.

Spent a lot of time in Thailand and south east Asia. Koh Phangan when younger,Hadrin Beach.It was 30 years ago when I first went and you wouldn't recognize it now ! Have a friend who still lives there.My partner went over a couple of years ago I got left at home with the kids
But still miss the food,especially the street food in places like Bangkok.
Aye, happy memories! '94 my first year, coach or train from Bangkok then ferry. Once the airport in Koh Samui opened up, that was that ... still wonderful but not perfection any more :okay:
The memories of full moon parties at Hadrin are a tad hazy, wonder why :rolleyes:

Adam4868

Guru
Aye, happy memories! '94 my first year, coach or train from Bangkok then ferry. Once the airport in Koh Samui opened up, that was that ... still wonderful but not perfection any more :okay:
The memories of full moon parties at Hadrin are a tad hazy, wonder why :rolleyes:
Lol...think mine was 89...I was there one year for Xmas and ended up staying until end of March with my American friend from Santa Cruz (to describe him think Brad Pitt in true romance) anyways was on way to India to meet a girl,said my goodbyes to friend and keep in touch.Went to India spent three months there,fell out with girlfriend and went home for July to do some work and get some money.Worked till Xmas and thought right I'm off again.Spend Xmas,new year in Bangkok before heading down to Samui,Phangan guess who was still sat there as though time had paused.I kid you not he'd not moved !
One of the few friends I allways kept in contact with,hes a radiographer in Santa Cruz now.Still have a laugh about it !
Sorry for thread diversion everyone 😁

Only tried it twice.... both times I had green curry.
1st one in a pub was really enjoyable.
2nd one was M&S ready meal. I couldn't eat it. Flavour was waaay too strong and rice was sticky thai stuff.
Anyway......
There is a new takeaway Thai opened near us and several people have said how good it is.
Its called Noks and maybe a chain.
My Bro and SiL are visiting on Monday (first time in 12+ months).
We have decided to try it but have no idea what to order.
We DON'T like too hot or spicey.
The good news is Thai food here is often waaay less hot than over there .. a spicy seafood salad or Tom Yam soup can be thermonuclear in Thailand :crazy:

gbb

Legendary Member
We used to frequent a Thai resturant some years ago, i used to thoroughly enjoy it. The one thing i remember was...it has no great substance, it doesnt give you a full stomach feeling. ...but that may have been the particular dishes we were eating.
Chillies, the red fresh ones in some curries, it was like dipping your tongue in a deep fat frier :eek:

yello

Pad Thai is a street food, available everywhere (road side etc) in Thailand. A basic, a Thai egg and chips. It's in the DNA, Thai's must be born knowing how to cook it! So not only is it a safe (and delicious) dish to start on your Thai food adventure with but, I reckon, also one to test a Thai restaurant out with. If they can't do a decent Pad Thai then they've probably not got the basics to do much else (that, or you don't like Thai food!) It's probably also one of those dishes where there's a multitude of variations; maybe it's technique more than recipe, I don't know. I love it, and it's one of the dishes I miss most living here in rural France.

There's a hot and spicy beef salad (yum nua) that I like to start with sometimes (warning - it is hot, no messing). The soups are generally excellent too. There's a duck dish, a salad, (name evades me) that I'm really partial to as well. Thai fish cakes (tod mun pla) are also a fave of mine. Of all national foods, Thai is probably my favourite and it did get very popular for a while (dunno if it still is).

Top Bottom