Thank you CC's - Negotiating pinch points

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
This particular incident has been on my mind since Sunday, and I've come to the conclusion that my actions definitely avoided me being knocked off.
While going along a stretch with numerous central traffic islands, I had moved to the centre of the lane in plenty of time but I became quite anxious. I couldn't hear any change in the engine sound from the car approaching behind me. When I looked back it was obvious he was going to attempt the impossible and push through despite my position.
I heard a chuddering noise, and looked back to see he had braked and stalled his car at the last moment, which then hit the traffic island with his wheel.
There was absolutely no room for him to have squeezed through, and I really thought he was going to hit me from behind.
Basically, before I became a CC'er, I would have ridden along, hugging the curb and doing my best not to get in any motorists way.
So, I would like to thank all of you who promote an assertive (not aggressive) approach to cycling in your threads!!
It does take a bit of courage, but, I for one, will no longer apologise for taking up precious tarmac space, while going where I want to go and choosing how I want to get there :thumbsup:

I hope he bust his wheel, idiot.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Today I was (on foot) near a pinch point in my commute. There was a moped where I usually cycle. The cars gave him plenty of room, staying well behind, while when I'm on the bike I keep getting close passes least I place myself in primary, as learned on here.
Go figure!

OP
OP
GetAGrip

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
Today I was (on foot) near a pinch point in my commute. There was a moped where I usually cycle. The cars gave him plenty of room, staying well behind, while when I'm on the bike I keep getting close passes least I place myself in primary, as learned on here.
Go figure!
We live and learn Pat. But also some of us age better than others, if your avatar is anything to go by, you've had a tough week ^_^

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
We live and learn Pat. But also some of us age better than others, if your avatar is anything to go by, you've had a tough week ^_^
ha ha: I'm actually off till the weekend :laugh:
Changed the avatar because somebody with a vivid imagination took a fancy on my virtual persona :rolleyes:

Drago

Legendary Member
It hasnt worked cos itd given me a boner!

Top Bottom