Thanks guys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayceejay

Guru
I receive a small pension from the UK. I paid in so I am entitled, I just got the first quarters payment that due to the post Brexit exchange rate is $500 less than the same time last year. Just thought you might like to know and yes I am p.o'd

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Tell you what. If you come back we will forgive you and then your pension won't be affected by the exchange rate....

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
That should be in the joke section.
Actually, I missed the irony of the OP but now I have thought about it it is feckin hilarious!
He has abandoned this country and continent for a better life abroad and is now complaining about the repercussions of others voting to leave Europe too........ Class!
EDIT: Not that I am saying the brexit result was a good thing.

OP
OP
ayceejay

ayceejay

Guru
If I spend it in the UK I lose twice. And I haven't abandoned the country, after all I come here every day and read British wisdom to remind me of what I am missing :hello:

Drago

Legendary Member
Eh? Prices, generally, haven't changed much in the UK due to the changes in the valuation of the pound, so it would buy just as much here as it would previously have done. Spend it here and you'd be no worse than before.

screenman

Legendary Member
Eh? Prices, generally, haven't changed much in the UK due to the changes in the valuation of the pound, so it would buy just as much here as it would previously have done. Spend it here and you'd be no worse than before.

Not purchased any fuel recently, nor have you any tools or consumables from me. I think we would be very blinkered to think that the low value of the pound not affect us very soon, if it is not doing so now.

As I wrote yesterday my 83 year old brother on his very comfortable pension had not noticed a fuel price increase. Some people are sheltered from price increase to a degree that they do not notice, somebody earning a tenner a week less than they need to live on would get it a lot faster.

TVC

I receive a small pension from the UK. I paid in so I am entitled, I just got the first quarters payment that due to the post Brexit exchange rate is $500 less than the same time last year. Just thought you might like to know and yes I am p.o'd
Apparently the short term pain will be worth it, or so I'm told.

Though at what point a short term pain turns into an untreatable chronic condition that you just get used to living with, I don't know.

Top Bottom