That damn commuting light thread!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
magnatom said:
Mmmm a basket. The Glasgow neds would see me coming a mile off!

Yeah, but you can fill it around the light with conkers/painballs/waterbombs, easily at hand to throw at them...

I have a friend, recently carried a dead roadkill stoat home in her basket..

love a good light thread , the subjects almost worth a forum to itself.

This year Im going minimalist in the lights department, previously I have used everything from the 10/5 watt lead acid recharge every night jobs to cateye sets, torches and headlamps.

I think you can get a cheaper version of the dinotte for £99 but that technology seems to be moving so fast luxeon lights are getting cheaper all the time so Im keeping my money for the time being.

So at the moment I have a couple of "frog" flashing led,s one on the front fork and one on the rear stay They are much brighter than the cateyes, reflect in the spokes and creat a flood of light. I have a very small 1w luxeon which is not much bigger than a single AA to project some forward light.

If Im carry my rucksack that has a cateye led on the back as well and my seat post also has a cateye led as a back up.

The whole lot weighs very little.

Part of my route takes me through woodland and for that I have a petzl headlamp which just because it shines were I look, and is better than any bike light Ive tried, works for me but to be honest I rarely use it nowadays.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

I emailed Neil at Dotbike yesterday about that light Bonj got. He replied, saying that he used the Bonj light and it wasn't bright enough for my needs (towpaths). He recommended this one.

If I can just find someone who has one I may well go for it. Dotbike is a great store and I'll give them my business whenever I can.

Mr Paul,

I will probably be ordering this one later today. I'd be happy to let you know how I get on. I asked dotbike if the light was Glasgow waterproof and he replied ' typical German engineering, need I say more!'. Neil sounds like a nice chap.:blush:

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
magnatom said:
:biggrin:

I've already primed the wife that I want a new light, but I do want to limit my outlay to about the £50 mark (which realistically means I would probably go up to £70 :blush:)
Spoken in true MAN-SPEAK !!
When the CC bill comes in divert SWMBO attention away from your (now) £89.99 light set by harping on about the price of those strappy stiletto's she has bought that are totally unsuitable footwear for this time of year !

Top Bottom