That new set up of mine :-P

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
:laugh:

Mags, you would be SO jealous of that recorder!! The camera too is bl**dy marvellous. Never seen anything like it - now I know why the BBC and co have used this set up. Compact, light, seems pretty robust.

Tested it out in the dark (just holding it - not cycling yet) and its pretty responsive. The camera does get a little confused in low light so reds become pink in nature where the infrared response starts to kick in.

I walked in the local LCE and bought an 8GB card for the DVR. Not sure how much video I'd get on it - annoyingly the unit doesnt seem to tell you, or atleast I havent figured it out. You can set the screen to go off after you start recording (a range of times and this will save the battery)

The quality of the video from the HQ2 is very good. The conversion to mpeg2 is a faff and not worth it with the supplied software. I'd reckon using the mpeg4 with adobe premier video software if its compatable is going to work better. Must get off my bum and get the adobe software:laugh:

I'll try and get some video examples sorted later.

Didn't notice this post, since this section has moved on the forum!

Glad you like it, I thought you would. I'm looking forward to seeing some footage.

Yes, I'd like to have it, but I can't complain, especially as I have my new toy bike! :rofl:

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Didnt realise this had moved either. :biggrin:

Had a couple of days to get used to it.. the cable while cycling has been a bit of a faff tbh. I kept getting snagged when I turned my head (it needs a cable that goes straight from the camera socket to the DVR in socket. I used a bit of inner tube to keep the connectors dry)

I uploaded a short video on youtube (20 or so seconds of a monkey toy) but there is a setting higher in quality.. perhaps thats more suited to non-bullet cameras..?

Havent had time to edit any more footage, though I'm off next week so may give it a go then. :biggrin:

:biggrin:

My 20 month old has the exact same monkey! For some reason he calls his boy. No idea why?

The video looks good despite youtube compression.

I've not had any problems with cable snag. Once you find a way of sorting it, it will no longer be a faff. I always find that a new camera takes a few weeks to get used to, and after that it is second nature.

Enjoy!

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
On the screen the video is definately up there with the BBC sports cam work I've seen (skiing, motorracing, etc) so I can see why this is a popular DVR and camera now.

I need to get some more cables so I can try out the camcorder (a very old DV tape machine that looks like a brick). I fancy doing some nature and wildlife filming. I used to do that with SLRs and stuff a while back. Also want to record off the telly and see how that goes quality wise.

I plan on using the monkey for some cycling videos.. all will hopefully be revealed next week, lol!

Top Bottom