That reminds me -Top Gear last Sunday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkstar

hackbike 666 said:
Blimey I must be the only one who never watches this drivel.
Well it's watched buy millions of people worldwide, in fact the last estimate i heard was up to 350 million at it's peak, which is phenomenal. So yes, people do still watch it ;)...

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I've watched TG since it started. The current format with May, Clarkson and the Hamster is by far the best. So glad that Quentin Wilson went off to "5th Gear" and made that prog boring so I don't have to listen to him drone on about the value of 1960's Mercedes and how you "can get on for £5 that will last longer tha....." Whoops fell asleep there whilst just thinking about him.

The STIG.
What more do we need to say.
Some people say that he sweats 'Old Spice' and that he rinses his hair with deisel. All we to know is, he is their tame racing driver.
The competition with the Germans wheh he came round the final corner in the lead in the Aston with May tied up in the toilets. Classic:biggrin:.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
guitarpete247 said:
I've watched TG since it started. The current format with May, Clarkson and the Hamster is by far the best. So glad that Quentin Wilson went off to "5th Gear" and made that prog boring so I don't have to listen to him drone on about the value of 1960's Mercedes and how you "can get on for £5 that will last longer tha....." Whoops fell asleep there whilst just thinking about him.
So what's the history behind the new format Top Gear and 5th Gear? Was there a big falling out or something between the presenters of the old Top Gear?

PBancroft

Shaun said:
So what's the history behind the new format Top Gear and 5th Gear? Was there a big falling out or something between the presenters of the old Top Gear?

I understand it was just a continutation of the original format of Top Gear when it was originally canned.

Bad Company

The Next Stig !
Doesn't 5th gear still test everyday cars where tg seems to like to entertain us with exotica?

To be fair 5th gear is probably more informative but I prefer tg every time.

Having said that Vickie Butler-Henderson is a real turn on.;)

Top Bottom