That reminds me -Top Gear last Sunday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark barker

It was funny, but its upset a whole lot of Reliant drivers! (I've been driving them in "extreme" rallies for the past 7 years, and only tipped one over once!). The production crew for Top Gear contacted a Reliant forum to get volunteers to go on the show, and it seems that the show was careful to select the "special" ones!
pig.jpg

zimzum42

Legendary Member
It was a quality segment, loved the way he got people to roll him over and then carried on as if it was completely normal. He blatantly wasn't in the car at the end though...

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It was a great segment. Thought they shot it months in advance though, I went past the end of shooting several weeks ago and nobody believed me Top Gear had been there. Was quite a good first episode in terms of what they got in.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Did anyone see Clarkson's bit on the Reliant Robin?

I haven't laughed so much in ages.

Yes, it was brilliant! And the fact that all the people who pushed him back up were random celebs... Surreal!

BTW, exciting news - on holiday we were actually overtaken by a Dacia Sandero!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Have to admit I was beginning to think TG had lost it, but that episode was great from start to finish - and the Robin bit was superb. Loved the first crash after 20 yards...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Arch said:
Yes, it was brilliant! And the fact that all the people who pushed him back up were random celebs... Surreal!

BTW, exciting news - on holiday we were actually overtaken by a Dacia Sandero!

Oh, be ashamed...:smile::tongue:
They're like a cheap Renault, only not as good at cornering.
Or accelerating.
Or anything, actually.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I remember seeing a Reliant Robin parked up on the middle of a roundabout in Smethwick. On its side. With bits of fibreglass all over the place.

I thought the one on the show stood up pretty well considering the abuse

darkstar

This was the best episode of Top gear for quite a while (most of last season) The Robin section was class, when he crashed for the first time at the first corner I was in hysterics :smile:

ASC1951

Guru
[quote name='swee'pea99']Have to admit I was beginning to think TG had lost it, but that episode was great from start to finish[/QUOTE]It must be me, then. I thought it was the worst I have seen for a while, short on ideas and wit. Not boring tosh like Fifth Gear but getting closer.

If that's their best opener, it's going to be a dismal series.

gbb

Legendary Member
Enjoyed it myself...specially as it slid on its side across the cricket pitch :biggrin:

Just plain stupid :smile:....thats what appeals to me.

Globalti

Legendary Member
If you think it's good, you should see how much money TG earns in exports. It's famous all over the world.

I used to go climbing with a bloke who had a Reliant Robin. When he drove it up tracks to climbing huts he used to have a bit of trouble with the front wheel on the ridge in the middle of the track.

tyred

Legendary Member
Someone I know used to work in a garage. A customer left them in a Reliant Robin to get the exhaust welded. My mate reversed it over the pit but forgot about the three wheels and continued reversing until the front end dropped into the pit.

Top Bottom