That stung a bit 😊

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
I totally agree with you. Its not in my nature to try and benefit from someones stupid mistake.
My claim is in the hands of my insurance company . I will let them sort it out.

"Screw" was the wrong choice of word, I apologise.

My experience of dealing with personal injury (much less serious than yours) in the UK is that unless you drive it yourself, you will be offered a settlement of less than half what your injuries entitle you to. Equally, your own representatives may well encourage you to take entirely unnecessary expenses on.

So what I should have said was "Make sure you receive what your are genuinely entitled to in compensation. For injuries such as yours, this would, in the UK, be a sum well in excess of the worth on any bicycle on the market, in addition to replacement of your direct losses"

Again, apologies for the intemperate language, and best wishes for your recovery.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Blimey! Get well soon @steveindenmark

"Screw" was the wrong choice of word, I apologise.

My experience of dealing with personal injury (much less serious than yours) in the UK is that unless you drive it yourself, you will be offered a settlement of less than half what your injuries entitle you to. Equally, your own representatives may well encourage you to take entirely unnecessary expenses on.

So what I should have said was "Make sure you receive what your are genuinely entitled to in compensation. For injuries such as yours, this would, in the UK, be a sum well in excess of the worth on any bicycle on the market, in addition to replacement of your direct losses"

Again, apologies for the intemperate language, and best wishes for your recovery.
Having just this week received payout for an RTA (from the driver's InsCo), I think this is a good view. (or course I don't know how things work in Denmark, but it sounds like a civilised country :P )

(the payout was about 80% higher than their initial offer.)

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
All the best for a full and tpainfree recovery!

Are your joints OK? I sometimes get pain in my left ankle and left knee after an accident when I was knocked off my motorbike 40 years ago- physio would have been helpful back then, but it wasn't offered.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Kerrrrrrrist, glad to hear you survived that one, the damage to both you and the bike is something else!

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Ouch, that looks painful, GWS.

Had a head on on the way to work last year, with another cyclist who didn't grasp riding on the left. No more than bruises but combined speed notably less that what you experienced.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I'm a bit late to this but :eek::eek::eek:

On the bright side - that'll polish out!
1601333428953.png

Oh my Sainted Aunt!!! :ohmy:

Mend quickly @steveindenmark :hugs: Sending healing vibes and purrs from all of us girls (furry & non-furry) here chez Casa Reynard.

A bit of gorilla glue and some duck tape should see the bike back in working order... ;) Actually, that's done exactly what it should in an impact - shatter to dissipate the energy.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Oh my Sainted Aunt!!! :ohmy:

Mend quickly @steveindenmark :hugs: Sending healing vibes and purrs from all of us girls (furry & non-furry) here chez Casa Reynard.

A bit of gorilla glue and some duck tape should see the bike back in working order... ;) Actually, that's done exactly what it should in an impact - shatter to dissipate the energy.
I wondered about this and think you could be right. I have not seen the bike yet. If I go near the shed, Jannie will break my other leg
Just seen this , anyway GWS
i would assume that moped wouldnt be allowed on the path so hopefully there will be no issues with prosecution and compensation.
Its a shared path, he is allowed to use it but must ride on his side.

Top Bottom