That was too close - thought my number was up.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Cycling south down the A34 dual carriageway out of Manchester (near Burnage/Parrs Wood), I'm coming upto the junction with School Lane, Parrs Wood. Two cars have passed me and it's clear behind. I signal and move into the outer lane to turn into the right hand turn only lane (3 southerly lanes at the junction).

Look forward and can see a police car a few hundred yards back, siren and blues and twos on. Fair enough I think.

Next thing, there is a grey corsa right in front of me coming at speed. He's travelling North, speeds through the junction, and swerves through onto the wrong side of the road and I'm in his way. :wacko:

Not much time to react (or even think WTF), lets say it was close, dived left as the car came through at high speed (60-70 mph), showed no sign of slowing and continued down the wrong side of the dual carriageway. More sirens heard, thought it was a bit risky being on the road if this car tried to come back, so hopped off and pushed through the pedestrian crossing quickly ! :eek:

Sheesh !

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
blimey mate.. scary situation.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Didn't have time to get scared - could just see this car coming right at me !

You see that many blues and twos you just don't think they might be 'chasing' someone - the roads quite fast anyway, and the corsa only appeared as it veared into my lane ! MY brain just didn't compute why the car was 'there' :wacko:

Very scary.

If the **** was caught, the police would love your statement to push the dangerous driving charge into the more serious realm if you'd be willing, so might be worth ringing 101 and telling them you are happy to give a statement if it is needed (if you are!)

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Very scary.

If the **** was caught, the police would love your statement to push the dangerous driving charge into the more serious realm if you'd be willing, so might be worth ringing 101 and telling them you are happy to give a statement if it is needed (if you are!)

Done - Got through to the control room and passed on my details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Strange this should happen while we've got the other blues'n'twos thread running. Just goes to show, you just never know whats round the corner. Glad you're ok and as Potsy said it might be worth keeping this one to yourself in the Fossy household, just for their sanity.

Top Bottom