That'll Teach 'Em

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Council artists wandered around Wolverhampton recently, creating a typographic delight for the residents.
Here's the story. Ooops!

3680.jpg

Shouldn't that be 'that'll learn 'em'?
I didn't want to attract the plebs...too late! :whistle: :smile:
Well, maybe it's an instruction from the CPRE? It works!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Isn't it warning off other schools that fancy stopping there?

Stephenite

Membå
Reminds me of this. Three or four months ago I notified the local authority about a raised manhole/inspection cover. The cover had come up and a few pieces of gravel had got underneath preventing it falling into place. I had to remind them, and got a response saying they've put it on the tarmac list. Eh!? So I explained again with a photo. They responded with the case had gone to the supervisor. A couple of weeks later I saw, on my way past, a contractor standing beside a lifted inspection cover and on the phone. Great, I thought. And then I come back from holiday to find they've tarmacked the pavement around, bringing the level up at one side. Bluddy clueless. Just goes to show it's not only the UK - ineptitude is universal.

ayceejay

Guru
From where I used to live I could see Sainsbury's car park. it was actually a council car park but was known as Sainsbury's car park.
Now where was I?
Oh yeah.
A team of 'orange is the new thick' characters came one day and closed the car park so that they could repaint the lines and stuff;
a week later what could have been the same crew, closed the car park for resurfacing, a week later the lines were painted on again.

Top Bottom