That's it, we're leaving!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brock

It's decided, The good woman and I are going to flog everything in the flat, dump our jobs and become cycle-camping hippy-bums for a year or so. Will start by taking a leisurely meander down through France and spain then see how we're doing and where we fancy going after that. My mother lives in Cadiz so that's the only target really.

We're probably looking at leaving mid to late April, which makes me slightly worried about the possible temperatures by the time we reach Southern Spain (we really won't be rushing), also the availability of camp sites in France pre-season, will this be a problem?

The only vague route I have in mind so far is Calais > Barcelona, then across northern spain perhaps on the pilgrim routes to Santiago de Compostela, and possibly on down through Portugal..

Any more specific route ideas would gratefully received, especially the French leg. Keeping in mind this foolhardy adventure isn't a race and easy, picturesque indirect cycling routes would be our preference.

Gosh, we're really doing this :smile:

Sounds good.
Bastard....
:smile:

Oooooooh ....... Doom.... gloom.... illness..... theft..... disaster..... hurricanes......jobs.......security......madness..............

Git!

Good on yer!

Brock said:
oh... hurricanes?

Global Warming :smile:

xilios

Veteran
A whole year? Sounds like a great ride. We will be leaving for Santiago de Compostella from Maastricht, starting the end of April. Still have to work out some minor details. If it's anything like Spring 2006 expect head winds and rain.
cheers ;-)

Check out this maps one, two and three. I just bought part three of this book. One and two we will make our own way.

domtyler

Über Member
When you say "It's decided", does that mean that you've decided but haven't plucked up the courage to tell the missus yet? :smile:

Bastard

Top Bottom