Thats TORN IT!! Reluctant sale of my Hase kettweisel full suspension trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
Sorry to hear of your woes!

My solution to this problem is to stick to the roads. My local Sustrans Rangers have a 'thing' about avoiding motorcycle use on off road sections, to the point where they made it impossible to enter the off-road network except by lifting any kind of bike over/round a barrier*. I decided that I've paid for the roads all my life and I'll jolly well use them!

* Which is one of the reasons I stopped 'Rangering' for them. The other is the state of their off road sections, another their piss poor signage** and finally I got sick of everyone I met blaming me for Sustrans' failings!

** Yes having signed several sections of the NCN I know the issues, but still it's piss poor in places!

several sustran fund raiser I know have left them , too many moans and not enough effort on sustrans part .

carlos46

Had rotating cuff injury surgery in January and a plate inserted in my left shoulder,so bought my Hase Ket full suspension ready for summer.
Went to lift back of trike to go through the ant m/bike barrier which is a B******r to get it through felt a sharp pain and numbness my right shoulder!!
Ignored the pain as I am used to it ! following night was very painful off to see my GP and had x ray and a ultrasound scan 3 weeks later.
I have a tear in my tendon so I have to have further surgery again on rotating cuff ,can believe my luck sometimes not only have a degenerative spinal disease but problematic shoulders!!
Told the surgeon how it happened and have been advised not to ride,think I will be the judge of that as its my only form of enjoyment left.
So I have been thinking of a folding recumbent trike eg Ice trike, Gekko or a scorpion as this would be easier
for me to tackle these barriers in future.
Reluctantly going to sell my Hase Kett the most comfortable trike I have owned with full suspension
Some pics if anyone is interested or will part ex for a folding trike
Paid £1700 looking at offers around £1450
Equipped with shimano 8 speed hub quick adjuster on chain length in vgc son dynamo
receipt of extras fitted View attachment 370598 extras View attachment 370597
Hi Neil, was wondering if this kettwiesel was still for sale, probably not as it's now a year later, but if it is I am very interested. Regards Malcolm

Top Bottom