That's what I call an orange sky...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mac66

Red sky at night, your house is on fire
Red sky in morning, the fire brigade still haven't put it out.

Apologies to anyone who has either had their house burnt down or who works for the fire brigade.

yenrod

Brock said:
Yep, was a fantastic sky here too. Very unusual.

I noticed on Sunday eve & Monday eve the sunsets where not gradual but quite quicker - something different about 'em...

Got to be the angle of the sun etc...though.

Arch

Married to Night Train
There was a quite orangey sky in York on sunday - I came home from a little nike ride, flaked out on the bed, napped for 30 minutes and woke up to a very odd orangey light coming in through the window.

It's the end times, I tell 'ee...

It was quiet day at work today.......

Dear Ian

Thank you for your email.

It certainly was a very orange sky, as I noticed it myself.

The colour was down to the low angle of the sky and the pollution in the lower part of the atmosphere that was trapped overnight by the frost and mist. Nothing to do with the alignment of the sun and the moon I am afraid.

I hope this helps and thank you for your query.

Kind Regards

*** ******** Weather Desk Advisor
Met Office FitzRoy Road Exeter EX1 3PB United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)1392 885685 Fax: +44 (0)1392 885681 E-mail: enquiries @metoffice.gov.uk http://www.metoffice.gov.uk

starseven said:

Dear Ian

The colour was down to the low angle of the sky and the pollution in the lower part of the atmosphere that was trapped overnight by the frost and mist. Nothing to do with the alignment of the sun and the moon I am afraid.

Kind Regards

Tel: +44 (0)1392 885685 Fax: +44 (0)1392 885681 E-mail: enquiries @metoffice.gov.uk http://www.metoffice.gov.uk

:biggrin: I was right. Look at my post earlier in the thread, I joked a little about it being pollution! I am a genius! :biggrin::biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
starseven said:

Dear Ian

Kind Regards

The low angle of the sky? Isn't the sky always at the same angle?:wacko:

Top Bottom