That's what I call an orange sky...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

Glorious evening sky in Norwich too. I was up there earlier as the offspring is not very well at all. So it was time to go into mother-hen mode & check up on him in his flat. Poor lamb is all blocked nose & croaky throat.

derall

Guru
A weird sky, indeed. Oddest was the strange band of haziness across the zenith.

Maz said:
No photos?! You lazy sods.

Only had the phone with me, so not the best quality...
2275472920_ca558d5f0c.jpg

surfgurl

Rhythm Thief said:
Or, as they said during the foot and mouth crisis ...
"Red sky at night, cattle alight."

Or as they say around here;
"Red sky at night, Hinkley Point is on fire." (Nuclear power plant)

simonali

Guru
Sky was a little weird this morning too, as it seemed to get light very quickly, like someone had flicked a switch.

We were all talking about it at work, how it was dark at 6:40 and light at 7:00!

simonali said:
Sky was a little weird this morning too, as it seemed to get light very quickly, like someone had flicked a switch.

We were all talking about it at work, how it was dark at 6:40 and light at 7:00!

same here in Herts. 6:35 dark, 6:45 deep red sky, 7:00 light; 7:20 visibility less 100m as fog rolled in, 8:45 fog cleared again.

Reminded me of 'Play Misty For Me'.

Renard

It was the same up here as well. There seemed to be a haze in the western sky which cast a really vivid light at sunset.

Keith Oates

Janner
Well I can definitely say we didn't get that red sky out here last evening but the photo from Derall gives a good idea of what it was like, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom