The 2011 Rugby World Cup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Corky

Still three months to go before the start of the 2011 Rugby World Cup . My question is who do you think is going to win it ?

This is how i think things are going to go

Semi Finals , New Zealand V South Africa . Australia V France/ England

Final . New Zealand V Australia

2011 Rugby World Winners . New Zealand

Your thoughts

subaqua

What’s the point
something like that but not Inn zid winning , but only to plaster this across the office at work to annoy em

the_allblack_choker.jpg

martint235

Dog on a bike
You've almost (note that word) got to feel sorry for New Zealand. They have a class team that has dominated world rugby for decades (forget the couple of years we had circa 2003) and yet whenever the World Cup rolls around, they choke. I suppose whoever can figure out what they are doing wrong could earn a lot of money.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It's hard to see past NZ at home, depite their choker tag.

They get almost religious when it come to rugby.

I read Brian Moore's autobiography a couple of months ago. In one of the lighter sections he suggested that the Haka was similar to a morris dance to cultural terms and to dare question the Haka was akin to a racist slur.

Chilternrides

Home turf could just about cure the old habit for NZ.

I expect the usual suspects to be floating around in the semi's though:

Aus
NZ
SA
Eng

Argentina & Ireland to provide a few tense moments along the way, and possibly a shock or two.

martint235

Dog on a bike
[QUOTE 1420748"]
South Africa! The way they brutalised England last year at Twickenham. Now where's the bookies!
[/quote]

SA currently being offered at 6/1. England 8/1, New Zealand 8/11 and Australia 7/2.

I managed to pick up England @ 12/1 before Xmas but obviously didn't put a lot on them

subaqua

What’s the point
Australia v South Africa final :whistle: Unless Argentina deal out a pasting for South Africa. The most influential figures this year will be Steve Walsh and Jonathan Kaplan... xx(

(Sorry - just a bit of Greg baiting :rolleyes:)

Why will i be influential :tongue:

ChrisKH

Guru
NZ should nail it this year. A bit like Barcelona did against Man U.

Potential for SA to upset the apple cart if they're firing on all cylinders and NZ have an off day. Which they have done at every World Cup.

Top Bottom