The 2017 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
One more weekend to go to get Febs rides in . We have 9 riders still to post a ride for Feb including the thread creator @ColinJ :hello: . Let's get out there and post some rides :bicycle:
I haven't been completely lazy because I have done a couple of metric centuries so far this month which are featured in the metric century a month sister challenge. Having said that, it is my intention to post several 50 km/50 mile rides in this challenge every month as well and I had forgotten that I hadn't done any yet!

Checking my records, I have done 5 other rides in Feb, all of which have been way under 50 km so I think that I have been slacking really! I will go and do a 50 km ride later in the week. I am busy tomorrow; Tuesday morning looks like a good time for one.

13 rider

Guru
And another one crosses the one 7 riders to go now

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I've not been out on the bike in over 3 weeks, a combination of poor weather, wifey hogging the good cycling days while I babysat, and then I had a cold last weekend when it was my turn. No matter, we actually got out together today, I got my 50k for February and she got her first ever 50.

I may be on track for a 50 every month, but I'm certainly not troubling the points jersey! :laugh:

13 rider

Guru
Am I too late to join in?
Hi @L Q as the challenges unofficial monitor your more than welcome to join at anytime . But to qualify for the star you have to complete Jan to Dec . If you completed a 50 km ride in Jan then post in the challenge thread and your off . If not your more than welcome to use the challenge as extra motivation to get some miles in . Feel free to join in were a friendly bunch .

L Q

Über Member
Hi @L Q as the challenges unofficial monitor your more than welcome to join at anytime . But to qualify for the star you have to complete Jan to Dec . If you completed a 50 km ride in Jan then post in the challenge thread and your off . If not your more than welcome to use the challenge as extra motivation to get some miles in . Feel free to join in were a friendly bunch .
Will get them posted in the other thread, I have a few rides to include.

Can a commute count as I commute 22 miles each way and I often add a few more miles on the return journey.

13 rider

Guru

Can a commute count as I commute 22 miles each way and I often add a few more miles on the return journey.
I work on the principal if you think it counts it counts and the rule is half century in 24 hours . However I personally would not count my commutes as I believe if I cycle somewhere and change clothes then ride back it's not 1 ride but 2 . If you do 32 miles in 1 ride 1 way then fair enough .There is no prize for the points it just gives you a target to beat next year

L Q

Über Member
I work on the principal if you think it counts it counts and the rule is half century in 24 hours . However I personally would not count my commutes as I believe if I cycle somewhere and change clothes then ride back it's not 1 ride but 2 . If you do 32 miles in 1 ride 1 way then fair enough .There is no prize for the points it just gives you a target to beat next year
I get you, I like the idea of targets for myself as that's what I failed on last year, 2015 was a decent year, 2016 was a disaster, 2017 is a kick up my arse year.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

That's a personal choice. We have discussed that recently in this thread. Some people say no, I say yes! MY personal choice is to add up the total distance that I do between getting up and going to bed. Long distance audax riders don't have any problem with counting their '600s' as one ride even though they usually stop off for a kip somewhere mid-ride.

My view is that the challenge is to get you riding greater total distances, not to see if you can manage to cope with a ride of 'x' miles/kms.
Having distracted myself with 2 longer rides which I have used in the metric century a month challenge, I haven't actually done another 50 km ride yet this month and the last couple of days look cold, wet and windy so I will just have to get out and put up with it!

13 rider

Guru
That's a personal choice. We have discussed that recently in this thread. Some people say no, I say yes! MY personal choice is to add up the total distance that I do between getting up and going to bed. Long distance audax riders don't have any problem with counting their '600s' as one ride even though they usually stop off for a kip somewhere mid-ride.

My view is that the challenge is to get you riding greater total distances, not to see if you can manage to cope with a ride of 'x' miles/kms.
Having distracted myself with 2 longer rides which I have used in the metric century a month challenge, I haven't actually done another 50 km ride yet this month and the last couple of days look cold, wet and windy so I will just have to get out and put up with it!
I was going to give you a nudge I thought you forgot

13 rider

Guru
My mistake. She always tells me I am not allowed to make executive decisions.
If you talking about joining post start strictly speaking Steve you were correct . But we are a bit relaxed about the rules . Pretty certain the Imperial ton challenge you have to state your doing before you start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom