The 2017 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Is the earpiece connected to the team car?

Team car? Nope - Radio Four. And this is Britain. We're not worried until the the threat level has been raised to: "The Archers Omnibus has been cancelled."

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Bummer. Really annoying when the indexing is out. At best compromised cadence or flicking of the levers to get the gear you want. At worst pelvis and cross bar having an unplanned meeting. :eek::cry:
Having paid £35 out I expected proper indexing. I have sent a 'I am disappointed in your service ' email. Let's see what their customer service is like.

steverob

Guru
Update: Challenge completion odds now up to 80%

As I wasn't able to get out on the bike on Monday (partially due to the weather but mainly because of other time pressures), I decided to put all my eggs in one basket and try to do the May 50km today. Because I have a hospital appointment in the afternoon, plus another important task to carry out in the morning, there's no way I can do one big ride, so have decided to use what I call Eddington rules - i.e. as long as the total mileage across all rides for the day comes to over 31.07, it would count.

Currently I stand at just under 26 miles (rides of 22.1 and 3.8), so I only need to do another 5.2 this evening and I'm sorted. Based on the earlier rides I think my legs are more likely to be the problem than my shoulder - was really feeling the thighs burning just going up the gentlest of slopes!

13 rider

Guru
Update: Challenge completion odds now up to 80%

As I wasn't able to get out on the bike on Monday (partially due to the weather but mainly because of other time pressures), I decided to put all my eggs in one basket and try to do the May 50km today. Because I have a hospital appointment in the afternoon, plus another important task to carry out in the morning, there's no way I can do one big ride, so have decided to use what I call Eddington rules - i.e. as long as the total mileage across all rides for the day comes to over 31.07, it would count.

Currently I stand at just under 26 miles (rides of 22.1 and 3.8), so I only need to do another 5.2 this evening and I'm sorted. Based on the earlier rides I think my legs are more likely to be the problem than my shoulder - was really feeling the thighs burning just going up the gentlest of slopes!
Go Steve go

steverob

Guru
Go Steve go

Just got in from my final ride of the day - May's challenge completed! Details will be posted in main thread as soon as I've had a shower and a bite to eat.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Get in @steverob! Well done.

@Saluki, try Arrow Cycles in North Hykeham if you need a hand. They helped me out on tour last year! Although Evans should sort it out!
Thank you. I'll give them a bell in the morning. A recommendation is worth it's weight in gold.
Evans have emailed me and said to get a quote from an LBS. I did explain that we've used that branch since it opened as the customer service is so good there so we were surprised about the whole indexing thing. I also said that had I ridden the bike during opening hours, that I would have whizzed back to the shop and politely said something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom