The 2017 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

john59

Guru
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ah, yes - I actually haven't done a 50 km to 50 mile ride yet in June. I have done shorter rides, and I did a 125 mile forum ride at the start of the month but I am counting that one in the metric century a month challenge. Family visits have got in the way of my intermediate distance rides. I should be back on the bike in a few days so I must make sure that I bag at least one qualifying ride then.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I went out, this evening, with my new cycling buddy. Very nice he is too, thank you very much.
Only our 2nd week of riding together, so today was ride No.5. "let's go up here a bit" he says. I ask if he means up to Chapel Hill. He says " Just a bit along, not all the way to Chapel Hill".
He may have had a sense of direction failure as we went through Chapel Hill, Through Holland Fen and to Langrick Bridge, then half way to flaming Boston before heading back towards Conningsby via Anton's Gowt.
"Brilliant", thinks I. I'll shepherd this filthy great 6 foot chap home and then have a 9 mile ride to my home, at half past 10 at night, on my lonesome. Turns out he is more chivalrous than that and grabbed his car, popped my Roadie in the back and took me back home. What a nice chap. He's coming out to play again on Monday.

I have to say though, drafting was nice. Lovely view :smile:

Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Another metric half this morning - the second month on the bounce where I've got a qualifying ride in each weekend. :okay:
And as an added bonus, I saw the Flying Scotsman at Church Fenton:
IMG_20170624_093009335_HDR.jpg

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Plenty of days left but just 1 weekend so scores on the doors
We have 29 riders fully posted and half way
Which leaves us 7 short so @Rustybucket , @GuyBoden , @Milkfloat , @Sbudge , @tallliman ,@john59 and last and not least @ColinJ please update if you done your rides (@tallliman I know you've done a ride ) if not 8 days to go

Thanks for the reminder, I thought I had posted a ride. I popped out this morning, with a strict 10am deadline but managed to get back back with plenty of time to spare, but annoyingly only managed to equal a KOM I already own, rather than beat it.

@NorthernDave, lovely picture....quite a spot!

Updated my rides to take in this month. For me, it feels like a poor month really. Think I've just had too many busy weekends to do any real riding.

Domus

Guru
In Galé Portugal with the family, 8 adults and two grandkids. Been out very early the last two mornings a 15 and a 23 milers
Been playing with the Garmin route finding with some frightening results.
Top tip, turn off "Unpaved Roads" option in the Algarve. Talk about off road, "It's a jungle out there" is more apt. Got a horrid bush complete with very sharp thorns stuck in the rear cassette on one unpaved road this morning.
Asked Garmin for a 50 k circular route for tomorrow. Watch this space.

Ps out at 06.30 to avoid the furnace like heat of the late morning.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Ok, I went out this evening and got my qualifying ride in! :okay:

I have just formally added this to the original post in the challenge thread:

Points scores ... 5 points for 200km, 6 points for 150 miles

I hadn't anticipated that we would be counting such long rides in this challenge but I have actually done a '200' myself so it clearly needed defining. If people start doing 200 mile rides then they are probably in the wrong challenge! :laugh:

Plenty of days left but just 1 weekend so scores on the doors
We have 29 riders fully posted and half way
Which leaves us 7 short so @Rustybucket , @GuyBoden , @Milkfloat , @Sbudge , @tallliman ,@john59 and last and not least @ColinJ please update if you done your rides (@tallliman I know you've done a ride ) if not 8 days to go

Sorted by a very extended commute (56km to do the normal 7km home!). It had to wait until I got back as I couldn't face the idea of doing 10 laps of a very small island! :bicycle:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Full house 36 riders have made it to halfway ( @Rustybucket please update the challenge thread) well done everyone
As some of the posts are getting a bit long can I ask we start new ones for July to December something like

Points Jan to June 10
1st July new ride 32 miles 1 point
Total 11

Many thanks 13 rider
And it's all downhill to December :okay:
How about including a link to the final June post? Something like:

Jan to June: 14 points
1st July new ride 32 miles 1 point
Total: 15 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom